Ultra Runners

The Rock/Creek Thunder Rock 100 Mile Trail Race (Read 56 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Rock/Creek Thunder Rock 100 vs. Eastern States 100 (http://www.easternstates100.com/2101.html)

Both are new for 2014 East Coast 100 milers and look to be in the same vein of "just plain sick".  Hmmm....

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

You'll ruin your knees!

I was just looking at this.  Knowing how well this bunch has done in hosting events in the Chattanooga area thus far, I really get excited hearing about this event!!!  Other than Hardrock, nothing has gotten my blood pumping and me yearning for the good old days like this!

Trent, you sign up for it, I will crew for you!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

I thought this looks good, too.  Video helps to sell it Smile

• Black Canyon 100k
        • RRR
        • Zane Grey 100k
        • High Lonesome 100
        • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
        • The Bear 100
        • Javelina Jundred (?)

At first I saw the video and was pumped.  Then I saw the blog and thought of Barkley.  A few river crossings and some technical climbing is one thing during a trail race, but the blog makes it sound like this is less running than bushwacking, orienteering, and wading through streams.  Any idea how much of the course is runnable?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

No idea, but since RCO is putting it on, I suspect it is all established trail.