Ultra Runners

cgerber at Hardrock (Read 335 times)

Thank you so much, everyone!  It was tough...  I felt pretty crappy for the first 60-ish miles... lots of stomach issues and had a heck of a time keeping my heart rate low on the climbs (even at a crawl of a pace).  Not sure why, it's the first time I've had stomach problems in a race.

I stopped for a bit at Grouse Gulch (mile 58) and had some mac-n-cheese and a ton of bacon, and things started improving from there.   Lots more bacon at Sherman (mile 71) and then we cruised pretty well.  The last 9 miles was great... best I felt the entire day.  Weird sport we do, where it takes 91 miles to feel "good". 

Trying to catch up at work today, but I'll post more later... race report and photos forthcoming. 

Thanks again, you guys are awesome!! 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Bacon!

Anything is better with bacon!!

Awesome work!

Wow! Congrats Chris! So impressive that you could push through stomach issues that lasted most of the race.

~Sara
        It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Congratulations, Chris!!!  What an amazing run!!

Rest up - - - - but know we are waiting impatiently for details, details, details. . . .

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

who knows...

Nice job, Chris!
            "There is no I in εγω." --Unknown author, source of possible, but in no way certain, Greek origin
            HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Thank you so much, everyone!  It was tough...  I felt pretty crappy for the first 60-ish miles... lots of stomach issues and had a heck of a time keeping my heart rate low on the climbs (even at a crawl of a pace).  Not sure why, it's the first time I've had stomach problems in a race.

I stopped for a bit at Grouse Gulch (mile 58) and had some mac-n-cheese and a ton of bacon, and things started improving from there.   Lots more bacon at Sherman (mile 71) and then we cruised pretty well.  The last 9 miles was great... best I felt the entire day.  Weird sport we do, where it takes 91 miles to feel "good". 

Trying to catch up at work today, but I'll post more later... race report and photos forthcoming. 

Thanks again, you guys are awesome!! 

Did you post a report - was looking around as I am curious about this race.  Looks extremely painful re: elevation gain.

• Black Canyon 100k
              • RRR
              • Zane Grey 100k
              • High Lonesome 100
              • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
              • The Bear 100
              • Javelina Jundred (?)

Did you post a report - was looking around as I am curious about this race.  Looks extremely painful re: elevation gain.

Not yet, this month has sort of gotten away from me with work and family obligations.  I'm headed out tonight to run a 4-day stage race.  Hopefully I can get something on paper (so to speak) once I get back next week.