Ultra Runners

Do You Think . . . . . (Read 556 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

That's a good program, fatozzig. I used that after a SF and it was conservative, but it worked well for me. Right now I'm dealing with an ankle injury, 3 weeks now I haven't been able to run and it's starting to look like Tahoe might not happen. Not nearly as bad as your injury but still frustrating. 

Yeah, all those races jlynnbob mentioned are, how you say, challenging? None of those are what I'd consider a "first-time" 100-miler. 

Congratulations on your Crutch-Free Monday! 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

P'fesser - Sorry to hear about the ankle.  I can honestly say I know how you feel.  Doesn't make it any better though, does it?

I am now 100% CRUTCH FEE!  After 12 weeks on those suckers, they are gone, gone, gone.  I still have to be careful, and the only shoes I can comfortably walk in are my running shoes.  Also, my ankle is kind of tight, so I'm going to be taking things slow.  I won't get ahead of myself.  The last thing I want to do is go backward.  My goal is to hopefully be able to comfortably, leisurely walk a mile by next weekend.  We'll see.

PS - Perhaps jlynnbob seekretly wants to keel me.  Knot sure.  Must investigate ferther . . . .

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

DoppleBock

Definately time for smartness - Getting flexibility and strength back 

Fitness will come quick enough 

P'fesser - Sorry to hear about the ankle.  I can honestly say I know how you feel.  Doesn't make it any better though, does it?

I am now 100% CRUTCH FEE!  After 12 weeks on those suckers, they are gone, gone, gone.  I still have to be careful, and the only shoes I can comfortably walk in are my running shoes.  Also, my ankle is kind of tight, so I'm going to be taking things slow.  I won't get ahead of myself.  The last thing I want to do is go backward.  My goal is to hopefully be able to comfortably, leisurely walk a mile by next weekend.  We'll see.

PS - Perhaps jlynnbob seekretly wants to keel me.  Knot sure.  Must investigate ferther . . . .

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

I hope you guys get better soon. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus