Ultra Runners

5wks to train for 100k (Read 427 times)

If it were a few weeks later, I would be in, but I have Ice Age 50 the week before...

Marquess of Utopia

35 is fine

If I were going to try and run a 100k is 7 pace - I would be doing the 31+ mile runs @ 8 pace - Not race pace.

So I realized I have an 8K race that day... I'm not looking to run a PR; just an organized tempo run.

I was thinking 15 mile slow warm-up + 5mi race + then run 15 more miles slow. Good way to get hurt or a good workout!?!

DoppleBock

I do not mix the 2

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Marquess of Utopia

• I think I'll go for 35-40 this weekend (4 weeks out); I'll bring food and proper hydration for practice.
          • I won't do a long run next week, but I'll still try to hit 100+ for that week.
          • Then 22-20 miles 14 and 10 days out.

Last weekend was a good run considering I only took a sip of water at mile 20 on a humid day. My body was pissed off at me after the run, so I I drank 64oz of fluids and took an ice bath. The next day I felt 100%.

Marquess of Utopia

I had a very enjoyable 40 mile long run yesterday. Very relaxing morning to take in nature. DoppleBock thanks for the advice, I would have never attempted a 40 mile long run without your advice.
            Watching the sunrise at mile 10:

I had a very enjoyable 40 mile long run yesterday. Very relaxing morning to take in nature. DoppleBock thanks for the advice, I would have never attempted a 40 mile long run without your advice.
              Watching the sunrise at mile 10:

That was a monster run!  Nice pace for 40 miles!

DoppleBock

I agree - nice pace.

Now to recover from it and enjoy the boost on race day!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Riggs - Make sure you let the RD know what type of pace you plan on running. I would hate for you to blow by the drop bag area and they are not there yet.

They have some pics of the course now and it looks like you have a couple of water crossings also.

Have a great race!