Ultra Runners

Glacial Trail 50k / 50M almost full (Greenbush, WI) (Read 31 times)

TripleBock

210 of 220 spots taken, so if you were waiting until the last moment ... it has arrived

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

jjameson

Damn, I wanted to do it but social obligation preclude it.  Probably won't be as memorable as last years "rainageddon"!  Slopping down the trail or in the woods beside the trail because the trail was unusable.  A few downhills were muddy luge runs.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Damn, I wanted to do it but social obligation preclude it.  Probably won't be as memorable as last years "rainageddon"!  Slopping down the trail or in the woods beside the trail because the trail was unusable.  A few downhills were muddy luge runs.

Rainageddon, it was! And the year before was pretty darn warm for October. I won't be there this year, so I assume the weather will be perfect! I love that race.

Running is dumb.

I'd love to do it, especially after running Superior trail 50 I'm wondering how the two compare.  Not this year though.  Too many races and too little time.

TripleBock

Easier than Superior 50 ... Maybe 90 minutes?

Harder than IA50 ~ Maybe 45 minutes

I'd love to do it, especially after running Superior trail 50 I'm wondering how the two compare.  Not this year though.  Too many races and too little time.

TripleBock

I did @ 21 miles today ~ I am excited they are working on a new section south of HWY H ~ I did 1/2 mile before the trail just ended.  But it will go to Little Switzerland and then connect with the trail going south from there.

It is in great shape and it was an amazing day

TripleBock

It is now closed

As my training program calls for 1 week of training and 2 weeks of taper ... I am in taper now.

I am thinking all of my run/walking on treadmill this summer (35-50 MPW) is not going to help me much ~ I have not run more than 5 miles without a walk break and I more likely do 10 minutes on and 2 minutes walking.  My run pace is 9 minute miles on TM

oh well ~ We will see how smart I can controll the pace / effort and see if I can breal 10 hours.  But as long as I break 11 I will have reached my goal of a WS100 qualifyer.