Ultra Runners

Midwest (Read 247 times)

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

It's f***ing hot and humid and it won't stop.  I still run but amazed how much the heat takes out of me and makes the next workout harder.

• Black Canyon 100k
    • RRR
    • Zane Grey 100k
    • High Lonesome 100
    • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
    • The Bear 100
    • Javelina Jundred (?)
    jjameson

It's been bad up north too but not like you have it.  Days have been topping out in high 80s and 90.  Humid.  Feel like I'm running in molasses.  No quality workouts, just miles.  Flies are swarming like crazy.  Today brought a little relief and the next few days are supposed to be cooler.

Feeling the growl again

Going about 103-105 each of the last 5 days.  I've run outside at an early lunch a couple times...mid-90s.  Pretty much relegated to the treadmill.  Planned a workout tonight but the treadmill is located on the second floor, and by that time it had gotten enough hotter up there since my morning run that I just did a few easy miles.

It's sick when a high of 90 starts to look inviting....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

It's sick when a high of 90 starts to look inviting....

My 9 y.o. saw the news tonight.  "It's only going to be 90 on Monday."

• Black Canyon 100k
          • RRR
          • Zane Grey 100k
          • High Lonesome 100
          • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
          • The Bear 100
          • Javelina Jundred (?)
          jjameson

Still brutal temps.  BUT I'm getting a little acclimated.  Not as heinous as it was 3 weeks ago.

Yep, in a sick sort of way I'm glad we had those last couple weeks of days in the 100s because when DWD 50K started out around 70 degrees it actually felt cool.