Ultra Runners

Bear 100 this Friday/Saturday (Read 512 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

cgerber and I will be a the Bear 100 this weekend...

for those who like to track this stuff, the website has live tracking HERE

I am #5 and Chris is #35...

Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Carl A

Good luck, gentlemen.

In between cutting down and chopping up dead tree trunks to burn this winter, I'll be checking in and see how you're doing.

Have a great time out there!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

DoppleBock

Good running ... power hiking ... crawling to both of you.

May your stomach stay strong and your will unbreakable! 

Lynn B

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Good running ... power hiking ... crawling to both of you.

May your stomach stay strong and your will unbreakable! 

+1.  I'll be checking in on you after my trail marathon Saturday.  GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Good luck to you, I am really interest to see how you do as I am working up to 100 miles and the tracker will give an idea of your pacing options.

Is it self sufficient or have you got support crews and/or check points? What are you calorie options? Sorry for the questions I am still in a "listen to everyone, follow nobody" mode after Sunday just gone.

Jerry
            A runners blog-updated daily

Lynn B

Correction - looks like Chris is #37?

Godd luck, guys!!!!  Hope it goes well for you both.

Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
              DoppleBock

Take what the bear has to offer and work with the bear

Do not fight the bear

You'll ruin your knees!

Good luck to you, I am really interest to see how you do as I am working up to 100 miles and the tracker will give an idea of your pacing options.

Is it self sufficient or have you got support crews and/or check points? What are you calorie options? Sorry for the questions I am still in a "listen to everyone, follow nobody" mode after Sunday just gone.

Jerry,

There are a number of aid stations along the course.  They will provide water and electrolyte replacement drink, along with some food.  I will carry water and electrolytes with me, along with some calories (Boost meal replacement drink, cliff bars, cliff shot blocks) to try and balance out the intake over the course of the day/night/day... I will eat from the aid stations whatever they provide, likely some soup and sandwiches along the way.  I am running without a support crew or pacer, and have been successful in other races like this one without. 

"listen to everyone, follow nobody what works for you" is the best!!!  FInd and read anything you can get your hands on related to the target race you plan for... If it is an established race, many that have run it in the past will have reports on blogs and/or websites, so read them!!!  If you are interested, I can provide links to race reports I have written on the 100's I have run... 

Gulp... tomorrow morning!

Lynn B

DB: I will not fight the bear, hopefully, I will not be eaten by the bearSurprised

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Good luck to you both! Have a great run.

~Sara
                    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Jerry,

There are a number of aid stations along the course.  They will provide water and electrolyte replacement drink, along with some food.  I will carry water and electrolytes with me, along with some calories (Boost meal replacement drink, cliff bars, cliff shot blocks) to try and balance out the intake over the course of the day/night/day... I will eat from the aid stations whatever they provide, likely some soup and sandwiches along the way.  I am running without a support crew or pacer, and have been successful in other races like this one without. 

"listen to everyone, follow nobody what works for you" is the best!!!  FInd and read anything you can get your hands on related to the target race you plan for... If it is an established race, many that have run it in the past will have reports on blogs and/or websites, so read them!!!  If you are interested, I can provide links to race reports I have written on the 100's I have run... 

Thanks Lynn, stay safe

Jerry
                      A runners blog-updated daily

Purdey

Self anointed title

Run strong.

Carl A

Congratulations on the finish, Chris.

Lynn, it looks from the chart like things were going well for you right up until the end. I hope you're OK--Please check in when you can.

You'll ruin your knees!

Congratulations on the finish, Chris.

Lynn, it looks from the chart like things were going well for you right up until the end. I hope you're OK--Please check in when you can.

Yes, Congrats, Chris... I can't imagine 27something on that course!  That is an amazing run!

The results are still a bit screwy, but I finished the race in 30:40something, I believe in 46/47th place.  I have been in contact with the director and they are looking into it.  It looks like they missed either my time in or time out into the last aid station and put my finish time in as the time out at mile 93...  12:49 is close to the time I finished.

The course was very challenging, with pretty technical footing which made downhill running difficult.  I am pleased with my run and have already started thinking through how I get below 30 hours on that course!

Thanks for all the well wishes!

Lynn

Carl A

Congratulations, then, to both of you! Great work!

DoppleBock

Yes, Congrats, Chris... I can't imagine 27something on that course!  That is an amazing run!

The results are still a bit screwy, but I finished the race in 30:40something, I believe in 46/47th place.  I have been in contact with the director and they are looking into it.  It looks like they missed either my time in or time out into the last aid station and put my finish time in as the time out at mile 93...  12:49 is close to the time I finished.

The course was very challenging, with pretty technical footing which made downhill running difficult.  I am pleased with my run and have already started thinking through how I get below 30 hours on that course!

Thanks for all the well wishes!

Lynn

That makes a lot of sense - I figure you'd crawl on hands and knees the last 7 miles once you got there.  Congrats on a great race ... recover well.