Ultra Runners

So who's training for what and who's going to be where this year? (Read 598 times)

My sweet new crank!

RNR AZ next weekend Psyco Wyco Kansas City 50K 2/9 Some 100K or 50 Mile in WI early summer... Then we will see if my wife hides my shoes from me...if not there will be more
    Ryan O'D Gurnee, IL by way of Madison, WI via Wichita, KS via Denver, CO
      03/22/07 Pirates Cove 30k, Sausalito, CA (www.pctrailruns.com) 05/27/07 Forest Park 50k , Portland, OR (www.pctrailruns.com) My first ultra!! Shocked 07/12/07 S.O.B. 50k, Mt. Ashland, OR 10/12/07 Bizz Johnson Marathon, Susanville, CA I also hope to get a run into the Trinity Alps, Trinity Co, CA, again this year. Absolutely gorgeous place, if you're ever in the area. Climbs to about 6,000 feet in 9 miles.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

My sweet new crank!

if anyone is looking for a summer HM, the slacker half (Georgetown, CO) was a lot of fun last year, and changed it up by being a downhill...great crowd to run with there.
        Ryan O'D Gurnee, IL by way of Madison, WI via Wichita, KS via Denver, CO
          Chippewa Moraine 50k, April 12th. (chippewa50.com) Double Grandma's Marathon, June 2008 Afton 50k, July 2008 Superior Trail 100, September 5th (superiortrailraces.com)
          www.mnultrarunner.blogspot.com
          HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Any website that is a comprehensive source for Ultras? I am in the SW region of the country and trying to find those

• Black Canyon 100k
            • RRR
            • Zane Grey 100k
            • High Lonesome 100
            • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
            • The Bear 100
            • Javelina Jundred (?)
              Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
              rustyboy

This thread makes me realize how organized I need to get my '08! Although I am supposed to pace at hardrock this year, so that's nearly 100% set. I'll probably give the SD100 another go in October, but sheesh, I have to load up my summer here!

OilCreek100.org

McNaughton Park 150 (same as Sherpa John - see you there!)

Wasatch Speedgoat

My plans for 2008: March---Middlesex Fells Trail 50K, Winchester, Ma. April-----DRB 50K Trail Race, Milton, Ma. May-----Wapack 50 mile trail race, S. NH. June----Pittsfield Peaks 53 Mile Trail Race, Pittsfield, Vt. July-----Hardrock 100 Mile Endurance Run, San Juan Mountains, S. Co. Aug-----MMD 50K Trail Race, White Mountains, NH. Sept-----No plan yet, probably rest for the following Oct------Possibly Grindstone 100 Mile Trail Race, Va. Nov-----If no Grindstone, New England 100 Mile trail race, Pittsfield, Vt. Dec-----Rest for 2009

Life is short, play hard!

Wow, Steve you have a lot of races planned. I didn't have anything (except a 1/2 marathon) planned for after this race. I need to spend some time looking at the race calendar to see what's around me these next few months.
                        Still working on the plans, but it looks like this right now. El Scorcho 50K - July Palo Duro 50 Miler - October Flying Monkey Marathon - November White Rock Marathon - December

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Wasatch Speedgoat

Wow, Steve you have a lot of races planned. I didn't have anything (except a 1/2 marathon) planned for after this race. I need to spend some time looking at the race calendar to see what's around me these next few months.
                          I like to race once a month, both for a goal for training and to force myself into longer and harder races leading up to Hardrock. Nothing like an ultra race to push you into a zone you cannot reach in training. It's not that difficult if you pace yourself Wink Steve

Life is short, play hard!