Ultra Runners

Grand Union Canal Race (Read 371 times)

Uh oh... now what?

Having read "the edited report" several times, felt more on WG's shoulder (that

was the weight you felt) each time, and just read through this whole thread again...

it's such a wonderful little distraction, this thing we call running.

Congratulations on finishing, congratulations for trying--starting lines bring

their own special brand of paranoia and anxiety.

rgot

John M.

Sandy-2

Great f'ing report, only surpassed by a great job finishing a race where obviously things didn't go according to plan. Tough. Tough. Tough.

Congrats!!!

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Feeling the growl again

AT, I don't have any idea what was going on with my bladder. It was weird, obviously very uncomfortable to the point of being painful, and a totally new thing. I kind of expect the unexpected late into races or when I am pushing the pace. There was no reason I can think of for this to happen.

I'm not sure what causes it but it certainly is not a freak thing.  Before the start of the 2002 Chicago Marathon I really needed to go but could not get in a porta john before the gun....actually cut it so close I failed to reach my corral and crossed the line 30sec after the gun with a topped off bladder.  By 16 miles I was ready to just pee myself...I was running too good of a race to stop.  I doused myself in lemon gatorade and tried to do it...no luck.   Those functions had simply shut off.

It was half an hour after the finish of the race before I could go.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills