Ultra Runners

Tahoe Rim Trail ultras (Read 1123 times)

I'm not going to use yaktrax or other devices.  I don't think the snow will be too bad but I have not made up to the area they are talking about that has the snow.  I did a little snow running last week using trail shoes and had no problems in the morning.  By the late afternoon it did get a little slippery but wasn't a big deal.  I think I'll be happy to take it slow through that area.

It''s the climbing and descending on the steep slopes that has me concerned, but it sure is beautiful.

Imminent Catastrophe

I'll be resurfacing my deck this weekend. Sad I won't wear Yaktrax for that either.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Kalsarikännit

Good luck to all the badass RA'ers racing this weekend. Run well and have fun. (Take photos, too!)

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Live updates will be @  TRTLIVE.COM

I'll be bib 710

Imminent Catastrophe

Have a great run everyone!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

I'll be resurfacing my deck this weekend. Sad I won't wear Yaktrax for that either.

I'm sitting in Dallas at my parents' pool instead of running this race.  That was good money I spent too.

Ah well.

El Scorcho in 11 hours.

Kalsarikännit

So, we have dspeer and Steve_S in the 100 and HoosierDaddy, gumbee, and jendelush in the 50 mile, with PerfesserR and srlopez participating in satellite events of deck resurfacing and Marco Polo training.  Did I forget anyone?

All RA'ers look like they are doing great.  Two things of note:  HoosierDaddy looks like he is only two minutes in front of gumbee (if the guy, Mark A is gumbee.  I'm not 100% on that).  While figuring out who is who, I discovered delush is not Jen's last name, and she is definitely a girly girl for an ultrarunner.

xor

In real life, gumbee is a Mark D.

Kalsarikännit

I am seeing no Mark D in the runner tracking.

Oh, srl...this is the weekend I was sposed to be doing the 20in24 and racing some good runners (and some people you may know).  I am in a British Open watching satellite event instead.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Finished in 10:04.  Not sure the overall results

Thought I was sub-ten while monitoring my pace but turn out it is like 51 miles - so my pace was right but not for a 51 Smile   Bummer but great course, views, support, and day.  Highly recommend this to anyone.  Two friends ran this as their first 50 and both beat me Wink  One ended up winning the overall women's race.  I will say I miss altitude training - that was a bit of a hinderance but not so much that the course couldn't be enjoyable.

Pb100 in 33 days.

• Black Canyon 100k
                      • RRR
                      • Zane Grey 100k
                      • High Lonesome 100
                      • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                      • The Bear 100
                      • Javelina Jundred (?)

Kalsarikännit

The website wasn't responding for a bit, but is up again.  Congrats to everyone.  It looks like both of our 100 milers, dspeer and Steve_S, managed to survive the snow.  Based on the times for all the races, this does NOT look like an easy course.  Big congrats to all!

xor

Hmmm.  Word on the street is that Mr gumbee may or may not have run the 100.

Kalsarikännit

I'm confused (not the first time). I thought he was signed up for the 50 miler.

How was El Scorcho?

Purdey

Self anointed title

Pb100 in 33 days.

Shhhh. There must be at least a couple of months of training left right? (By the way - nice run out there)

xor

I'm confused (not the first time). I thought he was signed up for the 50 miler.

How was El Scorcho?

I'm confused too!  Gumbee, perfesser, and I were all signed up to run the 50m.

Today, a mutual friend posted that he was gumbee's 'safety runner' for the 100m and that Mr G did, in fact, finish the 100.

So, go Mark Gumbee Fred Garvey Garvin (gah)!

El Scorcho was good. 96 at the start, 85 at the finish.  I wanted to break 5 hours, so of course I ran a 5:00:29. That will teach me to linger at aid stations. But it was big fun anyway.  I came in 18th.  A friend of mine was 4th boy.