Ultra Runners

Who is in the WSER lottery? (Read 82 times)

Kalsarikännit

It might be interesting to see who is in the lottery, and who gets their name pulled on Dec 7th.

DoppleBock

EDRW

Greg C

HoosierDaddy

johnmaas

PerfesserR

ultrarunner08

WrigleyGirl

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

TripleBock

'Bout time!

Been watching for you to drop you name in the hat ... How many entries do you have?

I am in - 2 entries

My Dear Sister (Storm) is in - 1 entry -

If one of us makes it, it will become our Sister / Brother vacation for 2014.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

ultrarunner08

I'm in.  First time though so I am not expecting to have my name pulled.

Kalsarikännit

I think I have 4 entries. Past three years that I didn't get in and one for this year.

I like running new races, but having run this (badly) in 2010, I really believe that the knowledge of the course will serve me well in the future.

I'm in the lottery. I'm both hopeful and terrified.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

bhearn

Not in the lottery, but in the race. Hope to see more of you there.

Trying again this year... 3 tickets in the hat I believe.

bhearn

Hmm. I wonder... should I throw my hat in now to get an extra ticket for 2015? Probably not cool. And what would happen if I "got in"?

Kalsarikännit

Not in the lottery, but in the race. Hope to see more of you there.

Is using the term, "jerkface" too immature for this group?

Hmm. I wonder... should I throw my hat in now to get an extra ticket for 2015? Probably not cool. And what would happen if I "got in"?

In that case, your race should start a day early, in Auburn.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

bhearn

Is using the term, "jerkface" too immature for this group?

Hold off on that "jerkface" until it's clear I can get functional hamstrings in time. I'm pretty near zero mileage right now; there's not a lot of time left to start ramping back up if I want that silver buckle.

MTA Also, it's my good karma for pacing at WS this year. Which is kind of ironic, because I was still beat up from that heading into my 4 in 4 days, which killed my hamstrings.

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, that's easy, the raffle entry is transferable so you'd give it to me. Duh.

I'm in, two tickets. Not holding my breath. Between the NYCM and WS100 lotteries I'm 0 for 7. It's OK, I'll run Tahoe. Oh wait, Tahoe is a lottery now. D'oh.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I'm in; 1 ticket.  Will be running another 100 (Cajun Coyote) on the day the names get pulled!  (Hardrock also gets pulled that day; my husband has his name in the hat for that).

Kalsarikännit

I'm in; 1 ticket.  Will be running another 100 (Cajun Coyote) on the day the names get pulled! 

Good luck on your next 100!  I got pulled on my first try while at a trail race (Tecumseh Marathon).  I was so wrapped up in the race that I forgot about the lottery. I now wonder how that was even possible.

bhearn

I got pulled on my first try while at a trail race (Tecumseh Marathon).  I was so wrapped up in the race that I forgot about the lottery. 

I got in on my first try for 2012. I was at a workshop in the Virgin Islands (all expenses paid by the hosting billionaire -- am I a jerkface yet?). When I got back to my room at the end of the day it took me a while to figure out what everyone was congratulating me for on Facebook. I had totally spaced it; I registered on a lark and had no hope of getting in.

The good thing here, from my perspective, is that with I think 15 tickets among you, I should expect to see maybe 2-3 of you there.

It does look to be brutal this year. Last year there were 2,295 entrants, with odds at 7.9% for the single-ticket holders; this year we are already up to 2,623, and registration is still open.