Ultra Runners

ATY (Read 186 times)

HoosierDaddy

I respect that perspective, but regardless, a race is a race and this is a legal strategy.

If the lead guy asks you to pass or back off, should you respect that?  A mile or two is one thing but if constant, I think most ppl would get annoyed. *Me especially*

A Dance with Monkeys

Difference between us and these guys, I'd think...need thicker skin than we have.

There is an excellent interview with Joe Fejes on Talk Ultra.

steph  

OCD  If you don't laugh...   

C-R

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

TripleBock

Yes - Good Read.  The was money for 1st person to hit 400 and 500 miles (Maybe earlier distance too), but having a strategy to hit those numbers 1st make a lot of sense.  Also, it does not appear that Joe emplyed a strategy to tag (stay behind) YK until after 500 miles - Trying to go for the win.  I guess I did that with my 1st 24 hour, a 2 laps (2.4 mile laps) ahead of 2nd place, so I just tried to keep him in sight and only walk when he walked ... This went on for the last 3 hours.  I ended up 4.17 miles ahead.

The thing I do not take lightly that the article points out is how punishing and abusive a multi-day race is to your body.

and a really interesting read at irunfar

http://www.irunfar.com/2014/01/how-to-run-555-miles-in-six-days-joe-fejess-across-the-years-report.html

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

C-R

The thing I do not take lightly that the article points out is how punishing and abusive a multi-day race is to your body.

I got that too. Hardcore. Well except what looked like painted toenails in the pic. Or perhaps they were black and the camera made it seem blue.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel