Ultra Runners

56k Trail Race - The Limberlost Challenge (Read 403 times)

Go Pre!

http://thelimberlostchallenge.com/

Less than 2 weeks to go. I ran these trails yesterday. So nice there. I stumbled a few times admiring the beauty and not watching where I was running!

I am very excited for this race.

Kalsarikännit

Good luck and have fun! Also, since you started a thread about the race, you will owe us a thorough race report.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Great news, something quite nice about having a a "non-standard" distance for an ultra or in fact any race for that matter.  I ran a 32 mile section of a 100 mile race on Saturday night to Sunday morning as the safety marshall/ sweeper and it just felt nice to be out on the paths with no pressure.

Yes, a full race report please

Jerry
        A runners blog-updated daily

Go Pre!

Good luck and have fun! Also, since you started a thread about the race, you will owe us a thorough race report.

Ahhh - right. Well, for now, here is my (possible tl;dr) report from last week's 100k.

http://bit.ly/niagara-ultra-report

Best Present Ever

Thanks for the race report.  I have an odd question -- did you run with the cooling towel or just use it at an aid station?  My kids love those for camp, but it seemed like they'd actually be hot for running.  You're making me think I ought to try one for my own runs.  Hmmm. 

Go Pre!

Thanks for the race report.  I have an odd question -- did you run with the cooling towel or just use it at an aid station?  My kids love those for camp, but it seemed like they'd actually be hot for running.  You're making me think I ought to try one for my own runs.  Hmmm. 

I ran with the towel from 25k on. It was great it would get heavy from sweat and water poured on my head but id wring it out and it would be renewed. It dies its best work when damp. I highly recommend it. http://icecoldtowels.com/ 

Best Present Ever

Thanks!  my kids love them. I'll have to try it.  

Go Pre!

Damnnnnnn! Even though the location is 3hrs north of Toronto, we're still looking at temps over 30c! (30c = 90F) - can't catch a break with the weather this year!

I am still looking forward to the race tomorrow though - just going to have to settle for a nice LSD run and hope the shaddy trails help keep it somewhat cool.

Have a great weekend folks!

Go Pre!

DNF at halfway. Several lower leg problems nagged at me and the 95 degree weather was more than I could stand. Good thing I stopped when I did because I can hardly walk now. Hope it's not a stress fracture. I did enjoy the first loop (14k) as it hadn't heated up to bad yet an the ankle pains hadnt set in. Half way through the 2nd loop I knew it was not my day.
                    xor

How's it going four days later?

Go Pre!

How's it going four days later?

well, thanks for askin Stevie not great still limping. Muscle tear? I think it happened when inattempted to lon a rock then over it but misjudged it and stepped into it overflexing it - think, toes almost touching shin. Anyway, off to the sports clinic Friday am to see what they have to say. Woe is me Sad