Ultra Runners

Scott Jurek talks about 24 hour running (Read 745 times)

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Not that hard to hit 90 mile weeks when you are training for a 50-100 miler. Last time my 90 mile weeks looked like this ->8,8,18,8,12,34,8. One longer run during the week at night and one long run on the weekend. Only three runs over 1:10.

I need a big midweek run. Mainly a dad feeling guilty about being gone too much on weekends. Need to figure out time better - maybe night running is a solution after kids in bed... Thx

• Black Canyon 100k
    • RRR
    • Zane Grey 100k
    • High Lonesome 100
    • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
    • The Bear 100
    • Javelina Jundred (?)

Yeah, that's when I do my midweek long run, after the kids go to bed.  At first it was really hard to get out the door after a long day, but then after a few times I got to look forward to it.  Of course the winter is going to be harder especially if unplowed roads force me on to the treadmill. 

heather85

I need a big midweek run. Mainly a dad feeling guilty about being gone too much on weekends. Need to figure out time better - maybe night running is a solution after kids in bed... Thx

Yeah, I wonder if I could pay a babysitter to come sleep at my house on the off chance my daughter wakes up. 

My biggest worry is I'd wimp out about running in the dark.  I end up skipping too many of my in-the-dark runs where I don't have company lest the boogeyman is waiting out to get me. 

I do have so many benefits in this regard though.