Ultra Runners

First ultra this weekend - 50k (Read 439 times)

Into the wild

Sara, is that picture at the end of the race?? You look too fresh 

Well done on your first ultra. I scan read your report but I'll give it a proper read later to get the full effect. Thanks for sharing it.

I saw you mentioned taking rocks out of your shoes...have you tried using gaiters? I always use them for off-road runs and find they keep all of the grit and crap out of my shoes and keep laces from coming undone. (I got some cheap ones from Dirty Girl - no connection with, just a happy customer)

Shut up and run

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant well done to you, please do not undermine yourself with what others have done in terms of distance, we know what you have done is not easy, it takes a special person to do what you have done and you can see it in your picture at the finish, you have got "ultra eyes", a stare that looks beyond 26.2 miles

Well done, so are you hooked and if so when is the next one?

Jerry
      A runners blog-updated daily

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Great run, Sara!  I will read your report when I get a chance.

And yes, Dirty Girl Gaiters are wonderful.  I always use them, and have a special hot pink pair I wear in events.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Into the wild

And yes, Dirty Girl Gaiters are wonderful.  I always use them, and have a special hot pink pair I wear in events.

Wicked Smile

Mine are camouflage...I can never find the buggers 

Shut up and run

Thanks everyone.

Funny you mention Dirty Girls, I just ordered a couple pairs. I have one pair of Innov-8 gaiters, but they are way too sophisticated for me. I thought I would be ok with out them, but I've learned my lesson.

Yes, I think those are ultra-eyes. I am trying to find another or 5 to put on my schedule. Smile

~Sara
            It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan