Ultra Runners

NC24 RR (Read 66 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Banshee, way to go!  Nice RR.  You're going to do great at BR.

It's always funny how a change in wind direction or a hint of the sunrise can boost your spirits and push you on.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Chantilly75

congratulations on your great race!

Good luck in your 100M.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

Trail Monster

Thanks all!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

BJ Moose

Running Over the Hill

A little late to this party, but wanted to congratulate you on the great race. As much as the physical prowess, be proud of the emotional strength shown in persevering through the cold, windy, dark, and lonely conditions.

In case you're wondering who this stalking moose may be, I'm the kinda old/fat/slow guy who shared several laps of the course with you. Amazingly, we happened to be sharing the same pace at that particular point.

I have no doubt you'll do great at BR100. Should you have a need for a totally inexperienced crew person or pacer, feel free to drop me a PM.

Trail Monster

Pretty sure I never walked with a fat guy and pretty much every guy was older than me. But I think I know who you are! I would love to see you at BR100! And thanks for coming to stalk me. Wink

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

BJ Moose

Running Over the Hill

Thought that might be enough clues to identify me.   Wink   Will send you a PM with some more direct contact information.

Great RR!  I like reading it because there will be several folks doing the fall NC-24 and this helps me get my mind wrapped around the environment I will be facing when I go there.  Lakefront can be pretty, but it can also be windy.

Any estimate on how many miles you could have done if the weather had been more ideal?

Superp job on being First in Age Group at what has historically been a very competitive field fo runners!

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Trail Monster

Great RR!  I like reading it because there will be several folks doing the fall NC-24 and this helps me get my mind wrapped around the environment I will be facing when I go there.  Lakefront can be pretty, but it can also be windy.

Any estimate on how many miles you could have done if the weather had been more ideal?

Superp job on being First in Age Group at what has historically been a very competitive field fo runners!

I'd like to think I could have hit 100 but really I don't know. If it had been warmer maybe I would have over heated? If the wind had calmed down maybe I would have pushed too hard and blown up? Maybe I would have had stomach issues? Maybe I would have gotten dehydrated? there's just no way to know but now I know I can do 100. It's just a matter of if I can do it in under 30 hours.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop