Ultra Runners

Ultra race directory (Read 2042 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

I just found out about this website that lists races, it's not complete but it's another resource and the guy said he'll add races as he gets word of them. It looks like they will also offer race registration--any alternative to Active.com would be welcome.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Nice find - I came up with several new-to-me events (in Ontario, Can) that I'll have to check out.

Liz

pace sera, sera

You'll ruin your knees!

There is a new one that provides some cool attributes...

UltraRunning.com has a data base-driven calendar where you can specify the distance, surface, terrain, region, etc.. I haven't really checked it out closely, but knowing John and the team at UR, they are putting some good thinking into it.  What I have seen so far does not dissapoint.  You can also submit races if they are missing...

Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Also Stan Jensen's website, www.run100s.com

MTA:  ultrasignup.com is not quite as comprehensive but makes it easier to search by distance + location.  They handle registration for many races too, a good alternative to active.com.

I am still astounded by the number of 50+ mile races there are all over the USA, the UK just doesn't have enough and are sold out within days if not hours when they do appear. Accepted it is a much larger country but....

Jerry
            A runners blog-updated daily

The King of Beasts

I am still astounded by the number of 50+ mile races there are all over the USA, the UK just doesn't have enough and are sold out within days if not hours when they do appear. Accepted it is a much larger country but....

true, but we dont seem to have any Fell races. something I want to do.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

You'll ruin your knees!

Sounds like you need to start directing 50 mile (or 80K) races...  the market apparently can bear another race/race series! 

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

I'm noboby, who are you?

There is a new one that provides some cool attributes...

UltraRunning.com has a data base-driven calendar where you can specify the distance, surface, terrain, region, etc.. I haven't really checked it out closely, but knowing John and the team at UR, they are putting some good thinking into it.  What I have seen so far does not dissapoint.  You can also submit races if they are missing...

Lynn B

I think UR is doing an admirable job with the calendar and associating some ease/difficult coefficients but it is far from complete.  http://www.run100s.com/ is by far, more complete.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I think UR is doing an admirable job with the calendar and associating some ease/difficult coefficients but it is far from complete.  http://www.run100s.com/ is by far, more complete.

Link fixed.

Yes.  But their user interface makes it unusable and it is biased towards the longer races.

it is biased towards the longer races.

you post as if that is a bad thing?   Smile

run a hundred... you can do it.. you're getting sleepy... run a hundred..

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Smile

Even marathoners run 5ks from time to time.  100 mile runners ought to run an occasional spring 50k...

You'll ruin your knees!

Smile

Even marathoners run 5ks from time to time.  100 mile runners ought to run an occasional spring 50k...

Totally agree, but for vere different reasons!  I am signed up for a trail marathon tomorrow, but I don't expect to be setting any marathon PR's... just a long training run... with support!

Lynn B

Wasatch Speedgoat

I use 50K's and 50 Milers as stepping stones to Hardrock 100.....it worked in 2008 and I'm planning on doing it again this year. I will sign up for a 50K or 50 miler once a month, using a three week training period with a one week period of easy running, starting about Wednesday before the race.

First one up is the Bel Monte 50 in Virginia, end of March.

But why stop at 50K's, I'll also run trail marathons when I can find them as a fast training run!

My favorite running calender is the VHTRC calendar, but this really only applies to the mid atlantic area...not bad if you don't mind driving, many of the events are free. We are supposed to be running a 71 mile running in the Massanutten Mountains next weekend called the Reverse Ring , but with all the snow, I think it will be canceled.

Steve

Life is short, play hard!

Smile

Even 5k's.

Especially when one of the RD's is a Maniac (#3 tp!)

Gotta brown nose when I can

Bud Light St Pattys Day Run - Tacoma

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

I'm noboby, who are you?

Link fixed.

Yes.  But their user interface makes it unusable and it is biased towards the longer races.

What link are you talking about? http://www.run100s.com/ is a  simple  web page with a trivial  series of clicks. How does that make it unusable? 

Of course, it's devoted to longer races is an ultra running site, what else would you expect?

Puzzled.