Ultra Runners

Badwater 2012 (Read 511 times)

Anyone following Badwater this year?

Zach is through FC(17 miles) 8 minutes faster than last year, but trailing Mike Morton by a minute.

Link is here

I'm back!

Yes. 5 FB friends running it. Zach is flying! 7:17 pace in that heat.

xor

Whoa.  Dean is back.

I see that Pink Tutu Guy and Meredith (from kick) are both running again.

I have 2 real life friends running (Claude and Heidi) and a few "people I know from the internet".

I have 3 real life friends running (Claude, Heidi, and Terry)

Also, go Zach!

I'm back!

Yes. 

Meredith's rock Badwater thread!

Pink Tutu Guy told me at Western States, "Yes, I'm running Badwater again; I have to, they keep inviting me back. But Western States is a lot more fun".

I'm back!

I have 2 real life friends running (Claude and Heidi) and a few "people I know from the internet".

Don't forget Terry! I do believe you know him in Real Life.

xor

Don't forget Terry! I do believe you know him in Real Life.

Um.

Ooops.

xor

Morton into Stovepipe Wells, M41, at 5:09.

DoppleBock

Mike is an amazing heat runner - The heat miser for sure!

http://a-big-horse.blogspot.com/ 

2013 Goals ~ Mar < 3:00, 5M < 29, 10k < 35  

Morton

This guy has been on fire lately

xor

Hmmm.  Terry S hasn't checked in at Stovepipe yet.  Hmmmmm.

Edit: nor has Claude. 

I'm back!

Yeah. Nor has Meri. But She's not really behind yet, I think. Terry should have been in half an hour ago, at least.

I'm also following Lucy Ryan; she should also have come through already.

MTA: Meri through in 11:37. Wasn't Terry thinking top 10?

I'm back!

Huh -- the main results page shows he's still not in, but clicking on his name shows him through Stovepipe Wells in 7:51. Still not where he wanted to be, I think.

xor

7:51 means he went through about 3 minutes before you posted.  I'm guessing they do two different manual updates to refresh data and the second hasn't been done yet.

Talked to Jess.  Possible this was a conscious strategy in the heat of the day.  I dunno.

I haven't talked to Terry about his goal for awhile, but I do know he was at one point thinking very aggressive time/placement. 

I'm back!

That makes sense. I know he paced conservatively last year and passed a ton of people.

Spring- wishful thinking

Go Zach!  Last split looks like he may be slowing down, hopefully strategic but I think he likes to go out fast.

It was 100 in the Chicago area today, (again).  I could not imagine running 50 miles in that heat much less 135...