Ultra Runners

Hagg Lake 50K (Read 255 times)

Finally got my report done: Hagg Lake 50k  Warning: It's long!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Nice RR.

That mud was something else, wasn't it?

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Hey! I was wondering anybody from RA was there.  Yes, the mud was amazing.  The last big puddle, on our first loop, pulled my shoe almost completely off.  I saved it by barely catching it on my toes. 

Leslie
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

I started laughing so hard about halfway through that mess I almost fell over.

The photographer caught this for all eternity.

Did you by chance see the guy at the lake with his dog?

A Great Dane named Austin. It was so big I had to stop and ask how big: 225 pounds.

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

No, I didn't get to see Austin.  Saw the pups at a couple of the aid stations.  I would've loved to have hung with them for awhile.

By the time Karen and I got to the finish, there wasn't hardly anybody there - basically race workers and Bill and Kate.  One of Karen's comments during her meltdown was, "And watch.  There won't be any food left when we get there!  Nobody cares about the people who come in last!  There's never anything left!" 

There was some chicken soup left and a few hotdogs.  Unfortunately, I opted for the hotdog.   I overdid my yearly limit  of one by having two within a few weeks of each other.

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

All business

Hi,

I was there too, though I didn't get to meet gumbee or you.  I did meet three other RAer's, which was kind of random.  That last mud bog was a riot.  On my first loop, I just laughed, and asked the photogs if that was for real.  Definitely a fun, hard run.  I was happy to have both my shoes at the end of it.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

Okay - Next time we need to have a RA get together at Hagg.

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance