Ultra Runners

Diez Vista 100k - Dnf at 82km (Read 21 times)

drock69

dhuffman - some beautiful trails here, it's an expensive place to live though too

GatsbyBird - Thanks! The soup was helping, it was too thick at the first aid station, a thinner broth would have been better. Going to take what I've learned and apply it to Squamish, heat can be a factor in Squamish too, so something else to deal with. Hopefully get to try a 100k race next year

Club Fat Ass New Years Day 50k - Jan 1 - 6h13m

First Half HM (road) - Feb. 9

Chuckanut 50k - Mar. 21

Sun Run 10k - Apr. 19

BMO Vancouver Marathon - May 3

Vancouver 100k (Club Fat Ass) - 32h07m 2 runs, pacing 100 miler friends

Whistler Alpine Meadows 100 miler - September 25

T Hound

Slower but happier

nice detailed report. Pics look beautiful.   I always get stomach issues.  And something about over 50 miles.  Maybe its a time thing.  But its nausea plus very heavy breathing exhaustion fainting combo.  So throwing up may help but not moving is best.  I always recall this time i was about to vomit and this lady was passing me on the single track trail and saying “oh no” like i might vomit on her.  Wouldnt that be the worst thing to have happen, someone throws up on u.  Fortunately for her it wasnt my time yet to do lol.

Yes, the aid station u cant stop at is an interesting concept.

My humble arm chair opinion is they need to start that thing later and have a 24 hr cutoff.  But of course easy for me to say as im not putting the wofk in to run it.

2020 goal:  couch to 5K, currently working on the couch block

drock69

Thanks Treadmill Hound! Yeah the nausea thing is no fun, I know if could have worse, throwing up on someone would be horrific. I felt a bit of nausea in the 2 50 milers I did, but not before the 50k mark like this time. I agree a 20-24 hour cutoff would be ideal for that race, the Whistler 110k has a 28 hour cutoff, but 6000m(over 18k feet) of elevation gain. We'll see if this race happens again next year, even though I didn't make the cut, I feel more confident now that I could make it if my race went more smoothly

Club Fat Ass New Years Day 50k - Jan 1 - 6h13m

First Half HM (road) - Feb. 9

Chuckanut 50k - Mar. 21

Sun Run 10k - Apr. 19

BMO Vancouver Marathon - May 3

Vancouver 100k (Club Fat Ass) - 32h07m 2 runs, pacing 100 miler friends

Whistler Alpine Meadows 100 miler - September 25

a smith

king of the non-sequitur

and this lady was passing me on the single track trail and saying “oh no” like i might vomit on her.  

hmmm. that happens to me when i am not sick...sometimes even when i think i look fabulous!

Bridle Trails 50k 1-13-24 5:39

Cottontail 6 Hour 4-13-24

Cougar Long Series (May,June,July,Aug 2024)

Carkeek 6 Hour 10-19-24