Ultra Runners

Mike Morton story (Read 73 times)

Kalsarikännit

"Defend World Championship Title"?  Nothing on the team page indicates he is back in. Of course I don't know him or how his injury is progressing.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xor

Mike is a fairly active guy on facebook and interacts with regular peeps.  I scanned his page and found this... it is a comment he posted on March 21st in reference to someone else's question about a race called the Fort Clinch 100.

"No fracture. The tendon I injured is still healing. I have the best Docs! I'm day to day. My focus is to make sure I'm healthy for WS 100 and Spartahlon. I will decide to run closer to the race date. I'm pretty sure I won't spend all the money to go to the world championships in May. I'd over do it in that atmosphere and blow the rest of the year! I'm feeling good and I have had several 15 mile plus runs but there are days the tendon "talks" to me."

March 21st is a long time ago.  The 'raise funds for Mike' thing seems to be making the rounds today.  "Pretty sure".  Well, I guess that doesn't say much at all... but it is something he himself said.

Uh oh... now what?

I am dumber than a stick about this and many other things -- is there a provision similar

to the USATF/IAAF World Championships where the reigning champion's entry is waived?

The link I posted was put on the ultralist this morning by Richard Schick.  I only posted

to here as an information point and know nothing more.

Knowing a tiny bit more... believing everything on the Internet is true, correct, and current:

http://www.usatf.org/Events---Calendar/2013/World-24-Hour-Run-Championships/Team-USA.aspx

Morton is listed.

It's too bad our federations can't foot the entire bill for our athletes to go to the World Championships. (I can understand why not, but still...)

WG -Thanks for the response about the stipend in the other thread. The uncertainty of seeing if you're needed would drive me nuts. Next year, run more! Wink