Ultra Runners

Ultra Runners at the OTs! (Read 917 times)

DoppleBock

My memory of that day is not real linear ~ I remember her there are you there and I remember you leaving.  If you say that you did not see her, I would conclude that I can indeed support you statement that you left before she came. 

Damnit, so she did come by after I left.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Kalsarikännit

I got $5 that says Max King beats Josh Cox.

King says that if he has a good day he can run a 2:10!  Shocked

He does say some stuff that I don't necessarily agree with, about expanding forest service permits to have 5000 people at trail races.  It must be nice to be at the front of the pack where a gigantic clusterf&$k doesn't occur when everyone tries to get onto singletrack at once.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Kalsarikännit

I was wrong.  Josh Cox 2:13:40, Max King 2:14:36.

Good thing no one bet me.

Kalsarikännit

I didn't see Jenn Shelton in the results.  

I was wrong.  Josh Cox 2:13:40, Max King 2:14:36.

Good thing no one bet me.

Josh's time was only 10 seconds faster per mile than his 50K record of 2:43.  I would have put my money on Josh for a sub 2:10...

xor

Jenn dropped, I think before M17.

Josh Cox looked "off" every time he went by me, HOWEVER... the coolest thing about the OTs was watching the different running styles of all the top guys and top gals.  I never get to see them run because POOF they are off before I get going.  This time, I saw everyone... and everyone ran differently.

The next time the "good form" comet comes around, I will smile and smile just thinking about all that I saw.

Anyway, I said that to say, perhaps he didn't really look that "off".

Ms Crosby-Helms smoked the course (for her).

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Josh's time was only 10 seconds faster per mile than his 50K record of 2:43.  I would have put my money on Josh for a sub 2:10...

He stated he was having PF issues.

• Black Canyon 100k
                • RRR
                • Zane Grey 100k
                • High Lonesome 100
                • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                • The Bear 100
                • Javelina Jundred (?)
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I didn't see Jenn Shelton in the results.  

What was she wearing?

xor

Not very much.  (but also not the costume thingy.  Funny thing, at the OTs nobody dressed up like bottles or juggled stuff while they ran)

Imminent Catastrophe

Not very much.  (but also not the costume thingy.  Funny thing, at the OTs nobody dressed up like bottles or juggled stuff while they ran)

One of the top finishers at Miwok ran as Elvis. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

TripleBock

I would have to say the variety of forms for the men were minimal compared to the women.  I think when they were running 5:15 pace or better you have to have some pretty darn good form.  THe women ~ specially when you got to the > 6:00 pace you saw every thing under the sun.

The next time the "good form" comet comes around, I will smile and smile just thinking about all that I saw.

Anyway, I said that to say, perhaps he didn't really look that "off".

Ms Crosby-Helms smoked the course (for her).

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

xor

I would have to say the variety of forms for the men were minimal compared to the women.  I think when they were running 5:15 pace or better you have to have some pretty darn good form.  THe women ~ specially when you got to the > 6:00 pace you saw every thing under the sun.

Which is all well and good, but the comet comes up pretty much always as applied to regular folk not running 5:15 or better.

xor

One of the top finishers at Miwok ran as Elvis. 

Si.  And Mr Wardian holds a Guinness record called "fastest marathon dressed as a super hero".

Just a different attitude, as expected, at the OT.  (side note, they have very strict rules about logo sizes for sponsors and clubs, although I got really confused by things like the hanson logo.  One of the folks running for marathonguide... not Wardian, but a gal... had a tiny little mg logo on the back of her singlet. Dunno if that was specifically per the rules or not.)

TripleBock

Yes many of us have crappy form ~ I do believe crappy form (Efficiency) governs the ability to realize our potential ~ yet I hate form drills. 

Which is all well and good, but the comet comes up pretty much always as applied to regular folk not running 5:15 or better.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

D-T