Ultra Runners

At least another week off :( (Read 267 times)

Go Pre!

Hopefully, back for some short runs soon. I hate time off! Torn tibialis muscle. Fall Ultra and several marathons may not happen. Oh well, there's always 2013!

Imminent Catastrophe

Ouch.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Go Pre!

Well, after another full week off, and 5k easy, no pain last night and none today, i am cleared to start ramping up again.

woohoo!

DoppleBock

'bout time - Be smart about it!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

jjameson

Take it easy.  Easy to reinjure the next few weeks.

Take it easy.  Easy to reinjure the next few weeks.

Joe, 

Just looked at your log.  Talk about not taking it easy Smile, looks like you are getting in some awesome training!

Go Pre!

plan is 30-40 minutes tops per day for a couple of weeks. Then, keep that going but add one longer run in. See how that goes. Lots of biking too. As shopping therapy, I bought a new road bike to keep me inspired.

jjameson

Joe, 

Just looked at your log.  Talk about not taking it easy Smile, looks like you are getting in some awesome training!

Don't mean to hijack this thread.  Yeah, I haven't been injured and I'm getting in a lot of miles.  Curious to see if it will translate to fast ultra times this fall.  I'm trying to offset my advanced age (53) with more training but I'm not sure it will.  Superior 50 is in 3+ weeks.