Ultra Runners

Garmin Charging (Read 201 times)

I hope to be travelling to Canada in August ( I am so excited) and want to take my Garmin 305 with me as I plan to run LOTS of trails (I am so excited)

My Garmin charger thingy says:

INPUT: 100 - 240V 50 -60 Hz

OUTPUT: 5V

Doing my research, Canada uses 110 volts at 60 Hz, does this mean that if I take said charger with me with an adapter the Charger will still work correctly.

If not I suppose I could charge it on a USB port from a PC....I know some of you are international globe trotters and wondered if you have had experience of charging Garmins.

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

Imminent Catastrophe

It will work just fine most anywhere in the world, even Canada 

You don't need an adapter, the plugs are the same as the US.

enjoy the trails!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Thanks, I am a Brit so we have 3 pin plugs so I will have to get the adapter thingy to make it 2 pin

Jerry
        A runners blog-updated daily

Imminent Catastrophe

Sorry, if I had just looked at your signature I would have known that 

...but I don't think that there are any trails in Canada...

(the USB port thing works too and you won't need an extra adapter)

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016