Ultra Runners

Umstead 100 (Read 893 times)

The King of Beasts

Congrats to A1!  Very nice work out there.  It was great running with you for a little while.

Yea buddy - It was great to have someone to run with. Pass some time and get some miles out of the way. I wish you had been feeling healthier*.

*is that even a word, it doesnt look right ?

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

xor

Yes, yes it is.

The King of Beasts

Yes, yes it is.

ah - well thats good to know.

also, good work at Brew to Brew. have fun ?

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

xor

I ran from a brewery to another brewery and it was 90, right in Island Boy's wheelhouse.  Hell yes.

(except for the soul sucking wind. Two of my last three races have had blow-the-man-down wind)

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Hey Trent:

Check out the Ozark 100.  Very close to you.  Late (Nov 5). Cheap ($150).  Doesn't sell out. 

Scenic, point-to-point.  All singletrack.  I think I'm going to do it too...

- Chris

I am planning on it, too.

• Black Canyon 100k
            • RRR
            • Zane Grey 100k
            • High Lonesome 100
            • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
            • The Bear 100
            • Javelina Jundred (?)

The King of Beasts

I am planning on it, too.

you going back to Leadville ?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

jpdeaux

oops

Overnight the paper app to get there tomorrow morning.

Oh wait, does that mean you DID get in?

xor

He got in.

You'll ruin your knees!

oops

[evil laugh]running is stoopid[evil laugh]

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

oops

Heh. I have time to reconsider - and I am.

Was there the second it opened, but got shut-out by an error message on the waiver page. In three different browsers.

Liz

pace sera, sera

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yikes.

Filled very fast.  Mail in your registration.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Yikes.

Filled very fast.  Mail in your registration.

Trying to decide whether it's worth the $18-$33-$69 to get it there - for a chance at 50 confirmed or 50 wait-list slots.

Perhaps there's another interesting race going on around that time... will have to take a look.

(Yeah, OK - still kinda ticked that my typically speedy (surfing) self couldn't pull this one off again. Roll eyes)

Liz

pace sera, sera

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Autocomplete helped me.  Got it done in ~1 minute, heart pounding.  This is clearly not how registration should be, and it plagued my lil race this year.

Some registration websites detect multiple simultaneous attempts across browsers and give errors Sad

My backup was to be the Baton Rouge 126.2.

Glad you got in, Trent.

My backup was to be the Baton Rouge 126.2.

Or it could have been Rocky. Then you could have had Lynn and I pointing out your stupidity over and over again.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?