Ultra Runners

Traci Falbo -- breaks one of the "old" records... 48 hour (Read 71 times)

Uh oh... now what?

Oh my... WoW!!!! I understand "pending cert and so on", but... May 04, 1997, Sue Ellen Trapp, 377892m = 234.81 miles, one of the old ones, might have fallen. Great captures, Jeffrey Genova! Update: Falbo 389611.2m ≈242.093 miles!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how to link to whatever, a couple of pictures on rgot FB:  https://www.facebook.com/rungentlyoutthere?ref_type=bookmark

That was amazing watching these world-class runners cranking out the laps on Monday - smooth and fast - and consistent. I helped 6 hrs and left about 12 hrs into the race. Will be back toward the end (prior trail commitments mid-week). I got to meet a lot of people I've only known through the internet.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
      wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

AKTrail - if you get a chance to talk with Bill Schultz, tell him George from Dawn to Dusk to Dawn said hi! He's the RD for the race and was a big help to me that day.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AKTrail - if you get a chance to talk with Bill Schultz, tell him George from Dawn to Dusk to Dawn said hi! He's the RD for the race and was a big help to me that day.

I will. It's hard to read their bib numbers from the aid station, so I actually didn't figure out some of the people until I went and watched from the timing station for awhile (watching numbers come up as people crossed the mats and talking with Dave Combs and Laz) then saw more on the individual pictures posted on FB/Twitter after I was home.

Zach was very obvious - a machine cranking away with consistent fluid motion - and don't think I ever did see his bib number. Also the only one aiming for 12-hr record while most others were going for 6 days, some a little shorter.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

Imminent Catastrophe

WrigleyGirl-200 miles. Nice!

MTA:

http://m.ktuu.com/sports/dome-runners/27385872

WG sighting toward the end.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016