Ultra Runners

WS 2011 (Read 807 times)

DoppleBock

Sounds so cool - I should enter the lottery ... I already have my volunteer thingy filled out

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

xor

No.

All of you are wrong.

It sucks.

Do not enter.

You'll ruin your knees!

Sounds so cool - I should enter the lottery ... I already have my volunteer thingy filled out

I entered the lottery, five years later got into the race, then my knee broke.  just sayin'  Don't say you weren't warned...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

I've ran it twice now and while it is an amazing race/run it is a bit over-hyped, over priced, to much media, etc. All of which takes away some of the appeal that long distance running has for me.  There are so many beautiful places to experience and run(most have nothing to do with any actual race) it is almost unfortunate that so many people focus on WS(kind of like the Boston Marathon for marathoner's).

I would encourage anyone to put their name in for next year, if nothing else, the countryside is awesome.

Kalsarikännit

I would encourage anyone to put their name in for next year,

I strongly disagree.  You all should definitely, definitely, definitely NOT enter the lottery next year.  No way, no how.  Pleanty of other races out there.  I hear Utah is lovely.  States has a service requirement.  You may have to do trail work, which would just make you dirty.  No one wants that.

Entering WSER lottery=bad idea.

MTA:  Feel free to pass this advice on to all friends and fellow runners you may know that are thinking of entering.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

jpdeaux

I strongly disagree.  You all should definitely, definitely, definitely NOT enter the lottery next year.  No way, no how.  Pleanty of other races out there.  I hear Utah is lovely.  States has a service requirement.  You may have to do trail work, which would just make you dirty.  No one wants that.

MTA:  Feel free to pass this advice on to all friends and fellow runners you may know that are thinking of entering.

Thanks, WG! That's exactly the kind of discouragement I need to get out and do yet another stupid running thing. What a great motivator you are!

Kalsarikännit

yet another stupid running thing

That would be a much better name for this group.  Big grin

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

DoppleBock

States has a service requirement.  You may have to do trail work, which would just make you dirty.  No one wants that.

I have mine filled out and ready to go ... hee, hee.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

xor

I agree with Wrigley Girl.

Don't do it.

It sucks.