Ultra Runners

2012 RAers Race Calendar (Read 2137 times)

DoppleBock

You can put me down for that stupid track race Dec 15-16 also

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

cpev

>>>>>> David

You can put me down for that stupid track race Dec 15-16 also

Ha, I can't believe three of us idiots are actually doing that one.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive  Bartram 100's     Milledgeville, Ga.   Dec. 15/16

MTA:  Signed up for the 100M aiming  for at least 100k.   Practice.

steph  

So I just realized that Joe Jameson ran Superior trail 50.  I figured he probably had a good race.  Yep, #4 overall and top masters!  Congrats Joe!!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

So I just realized that Joe Jameson ran Superior trail 50.  I figured he probably had a good race.  Yep, #4 overall and top masters!  Congrats Joe!!

Woohoo!  Congrats Joe!

steph  

jjameson

Thanks you guys.  It was nice to have a decent race and see the training pay off.  Felt pretty good except the usual low spot around 20 miles when I was starting to feel tired and still had many hours to run.  The last 20 miles were hard, but in a good way.

Shooting for Tuscobia 35 Mile on Dec 30th, Not sure if running and pulling the sled with about 50lbs of gear and weights behind as a good winter training run or give an attempt to XC Skiing it.

jjameson

Shooting for Tuscobia 35 Mile on Dec 30th, Not sure if running and pulling the sled with about 50lbs of gear and weights behind as a good winter training run or give an attempt to XC Skiing it.

Good warm up for Arrowhead!  Smile

Good warm up for Arrowhead!  Smile

Definitely my dream race, but I need a bit more -30 to -40 below gear and training first... If I have a successful 2013 of races, I will purchase the necessary gear and throw my name in for it. I think I would like to do it all three ways ultimately, but who knows maybe one run of it will be enough to convince me to never do it again. Smile

Feeling the growl again

spaniel -- 10/20 -- Des Plaines Trail Ultra 50-Miler -- Lincolnshire, IL

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

spaniel -- 10/20 -- Des Plaines Trail Ultra 50-Miler -- Lincolnshire, IL

So I am officially not doing this.  I got called in to pace the Detroit marathon 10/21.  Since I have friends out there I hardly see anymore, it is hard to pass up.  I am jealous though, the start of this race is about a mile from where I work and it's a nice trail.  Good luck Spaniel, kick some ass!

Feeling the growl again

So I am officially not doing this.  I got called in to pace the Detroit marathon 10/21.  Since I have friends out there I hardly see anymore, it is hard to pass up.  I am jealous though, the start of this race is about a mile from where I work and it's a nice trail.  Good luck Spaniel, kick some ass!

Good race...it was my first marathon, I did the relay several times.  I hope you have a good time and help a lot of people reach their goals.  I wonder if we have mutual friends out there, I spent 6 years in the Ann Arbor/Detroit area.

Thanks...that workout was a real confidence booster, the effort level was very low, I am confident that with a flat course, not having to carry crap, and after a taper that 7:00 pace will be cake.  I plan up to 20 mile tomorrow (Friday) as well...this one at a hard pace...really trying to pound the long runs into my legs.  That would be three 20+ mile runs in 6 days.  My limitation right now is around both the pain level and if cramps kick in.  The pain is chronic nerve....leads to inflammation with volume...leads to cramps if I can't control it.  Kind of a wild card for race day.  Seems to get worse when I skip running days, so it sucks today with 2 days off (travel, family).  Want to keep solid volume until a week out and then taper.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Imminent Catastrophe

Aussie, it has been 100 the whole time. My two closest friends are idiots and decided they want to do a 100 miler. They both decided on this one, and I figured I would join in and run 100 for shits and giggles. Who's the idiot now?

Go Wrigley! And watch out for lightning!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Kalsarikännit

The weather wasn't as bad as they predicted it would be (no large hail and funnel clouds, woo-hoo!). But there were some early lightning storms close to me that felt way, way too close. Around 8 pm, winds picked up to the point that I was very scared. Do tornadoes happen at night? If a funnel cloud appeared I would not have been able to see it. I sure as heck couldn't run, and had a good chunk of time go to walking into a crazy wind. I am waiting for my friends to finish right now. This race was their idea. I would have never picked gravel roads in Kansas, but this ended as possibly the most beautiful 100 I have ever done. The rolling, tallgrass prairie is covered in wildflowers, and the trees are at their peak. It is stunning. Good race.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xor

Oh my yes, tornadoes happen at night.  But luckily there were none your way.  Yesterday evening, they had to hold up the KU football game in Lawrence (a bit east of Heartland) for awhile because of that same storm system.  I've never seen a football game go into a rain delay, but that was apparently a pretty bad ass storm.

Will you make it to Mt Sunflower? (Kansas high point)