Ultra Runners

Snowdrop 55 report (Read 34 times)

bhearn

thanks. i'be been taking the thicker inserts from my clifton3's or speed instincts and putting them in the claytons. i think they are less responsive but a little more springy. i hope you recover well, thanks again. i really appreciate your comments on fat adaptation but was surprised that you werent taking as many calories as fats and real foods during the race.

I did take some more real food. I had some pizza during the second night. I think the longer the race, the more real food, as you have to approach a healthy steady-state diet. If I ever try 6-day I'm sure there will be a lot of real food. But the faster you go the less fat you want. It's harder to digest and slower to absorb. And after all you have a ready supply of body fat.

berylrunner

Rick

Enjoyed the report Bob.  Congrats on your race.  I know Adrian from my Ultra Adventure days.  Great guy and great family, so glad he is doing so well.

I am a run by feel guy, but from what you mentioned in your report I will try some of your time management ideas for my upcoming 24 hour race.  (Although slightly different being non competitive and hill repeats, but still, smart pacing is a must).

Hope your recovery goes well.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59