Ultra Runners

Stevie Ray's White River 50 Mile "Race" Report (Read 271 times)

xor

(cross posted in the ultra and masters groups) Here is my report for the White River 50 Miler held on 7/26. More than normal, my standard disclaimer is important: this is NOT a report from the front of the pack and it IS very long. Hopefully you will find it entertaining. I was out there for a looooong time, and had lots of time to consider life. As races go, White River is on the list of top 3 hardest I've ever done. I'm sure there are harder 50s out there, but White River was my limit. ...As always, you can find detailed reports for 100ish marathons and ultras over there.

Into the wild

A great effort. Such amazing recall too taking into account your state of mind at various times. This sounds tempting Wink Except for a 'rational' fear of heights and my living in France. Well done again on holding off the sweeper and putting out a great RR

Shut up and run

Well, I tried to leave a comment on your blog, but I was denied! Surprised Wink Great read! You're a very engaging writer. I'm exhausted from your accomplishment and I didn't move anything but my mouse. ;o) Congratulations on conquering a tough course.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

That's one of the best-written race reports I've read. Nice job at the race too!! - Chris
          xor

Well, I tried to leave a comment on your blog, but I was denied! Surprised Wink
            Yes, sorry about that. I was getting lots of spam in my comments... people trying to sell chinese steroids and such... so I just turned it off. I try not to exhaust people with my writing Smile. Thanks folks.

Great job beating the Grim Sweeper! That course sounded punishing and cruely fun. Enjoyed your report.
                I try not to exhaust people with my writing Smile.
                But it was a really good exhaustion. One I will enjoy experiencing time and again. Smile One of the best race reports I've ever read.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance