Ultra Runners

2013 TEAM USA World Championship Performance List (Read 870 times)

congrats

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Uh oh... now what?

I know you have been around this sport for a really long time, run a lot of these races, and seen a lot of runners do some really amazing stuff, so that really means a lot to me. Thank you.

Thanks to everyone else too. Really. It is great that we have a group like this to encourage and bounce ideas off of each other. The very best thing is everyone here treats each other so normally when discussing running 100 mile or other long distance races. Not like people in the outside world. Those people are freaks. Wink

Without going into just how incredibly old I am or how much I wish I had learned what ultramarathons were just a few years earlier...

In the list of top ten women for 24 hours, there are only two under 40 years of age.

http://www.ultrarunning.com/ultra/reference/finishers/alltime-north-american-ul.shtml

I hope to read about you and your growth for a long time.

Without going into just how incredibly old I am

Do tell Grampa John...........  Smile

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Purdey

Self anointed title

Well done Jen. Of course, completely selfishly, I want you to come to the UK...

Feeling the growl again

Well done Jen. Of course, completely selfishly, I want you to come to the UK...

Cook dinner for her and she will have to skip Worlds.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Kalsarikännit

Serge Arbona and Scott Traer have declined their spots, and Mike Morton has declined due to injury. We are rolling with a five man team of Olsen, Fejes, Lewis, Coury, and Dennis.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Serge Arbona and Scott Traer have declined their spots, and Mike Morton has declined due to injury. We are rolling with a five man team of Olsen, Fejes, Lewis, Coury, and Dennis.

Now if a few women would decline!

steph  

Kalsarikännit

Now if a few women would decline!

The idea of a couple of women having to back out a week or two before the race is terrifying. I will have a plane tic to London/from Barcelona already purchased with a ticket that can't be changed, on an airline that doesn't go to the Neatherlands.  I'd have to decline or beg all of you to send boxes of spare change you have lying around the house. Wink

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I can see how that might make for a sleepless night or two. Evil

steph  

bhearn

Well that's a shame. I was really interested to see what Morton would do. So wait, nobody is going to fill the 6th spot?

Well that's a shame. I was really interested to see what Morton would do. So wait, nobody is going to fill the 6th spot?

It looks like no one else met the 135 mile minimum.

DoppleBock

In the past when this has happened they have went down to the next person on the list ~ One year they went down to 125 miles on the men's side.

I am not sure if it is a coincidence or not, but the 100k when managed by Howard Nippert put up some short teams ... I am not sure if it is a new USATF rule of Team Manager decision to not go down the last past the 135?

Given the right motivation I could de-fat by May 11-12.

It looks like no one else met the 135 mile minimum.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

In the past when this has happened they have went down to the next person on the list ~ One year they went down to 125 miles on the men's side.

I am not sure if it is a coincidence or not, but the 100k when managed by Howard Nippert put up some short teams ... I am not sure if it is a new USATF rule of Team Manager decision to not go down the last past the 135?

Given the right motivation I could de-fat by May 11-12.

DB - Why don't you let them know you are interested in representing the US again?

The idea of a couple of women having to back out a week or two before the race is terrifying. I will have a plane tic to London/from Barcelona already purchased with a ticket that can't be changed, on an airline that doesn't go to the Neatherlands.  I'd have to decline or beg all of you to send boxes of spare change you have lying around the house. Wink

Does USATF pay for the trip to Worlds?

Kalsarikännit

Does USATF pay for the trip to Worlds?

Not fully. There is a stipend. When I was reading up on what it tales to put on the 100k World Championships, it was a big mess. The host race has to come up with money. Some of that goes to the runners lodging, some USATF money can go to that as well. Or airfare. They give you a code that is good for 5% off flights on United. Yay. Plus you get a uniform. That is paid for. Overall I have no idea what is going on. It is a mess. From the runners I get the idea that it is still expensive.

It would all be worth it. Big grin