Ultra Runners

Umstead 100 (Read 893 times)

xor

Glad you got in, Trent.

Or it could have been Rocky. Then you could have had Lynn and I pointing out your stupidity over and over again.

Is ok.

You can point out my stupidity over and over again.

Is ok.

You can point out my stupidity over and over again.

Sweet! Will this be your first 100?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

xor

I do not count to 100. But I will be there for 50 or thereabouts.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The first 50 or the last 50?

You'll ruin your knees!

I do not count to 100. But I will be there for 50 or thereabouts.

If you are talking about Rocky Raccoon... please consider coming out to DamNation and hanging out with the inhabitants... Bonkin is a trainee, but I see potential...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

xor

The first 50 or the last 50?

Unclear at this moment.  My racer will be at RR too, but we haven't decided if I'm pacing or not. 

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

you going back to Leadville ?

I didn't get in Umstead - couldn't leave a meeting to sit at my computer Smile

In Ozark for Nov.  Planning on doing Rocky Racoon in February now.

Leadville is a definite maybe.  I love the town and race.  Want to go sub 23.  Thinking about Hardrock lottery but still don't know if I have the ability to hike that much should I get in.  

• Black Canyon 100k
                • RRR
                • Zane Grey 100k
                • High Lonesome 100
                • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                • The Bear 100
                • Javelina Jundred (?)
                HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Trying to decide whether it's worth the $18-$33-$69 to get it there - for a chance at 50 confirmed or 50 wait-list slots.

Perhaps there's another interesting race going on around that time... will have to take a look.

(Yeah, OK - still kinda ticked that my typically speedy (surfing) self couldn't pull this one off again. Roll eyes)

I chose not to pay 35 in overnight fees.  Doing the Rocky Racoon in Feb sounds good.

• Black Canyon 100k
                  • RRR
                  • Zane Grey 100k
                  • High Lonesome 100
                  • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                  • The Bear 100
                  • Javelina Jundred (?)
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I didn't get in Umstead - couldn't leave a meeting to sit at my computer Smile

I was in a meeting.  I had my laptop open.  Somebody actually asked me a question as I was clicking through registration.  I put my finger up and asked him to hold on.  For real.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

I chose not to pay 35 in overnight fees.  Doing the Rocky Racoon in Feb sounds good.

I didn't do it either.

Don't think I'll be doing Rocky (for various reasons), but am hoping to do Bandera then something else March-April.

Liz

pace sera, sera

xor

It is highly likely I will finally escape The Mouse and show up at Bandera.  Perhaps I will finally meet buzzie.

What are the various reasons for no Raccoon?  Don't like it?

On On

Perhaps there's another interesting race going on around that time... will have to take a look.

There is the NJ Ultra Festival the week before that has a 100 Mile option.

www.njtrailseries.com/njultrafestival

Kalsarikännit

There is the NJ Ultra Festival the week before that has a 100 Mile option.

www.njtrailseries.com/njultrafestival

Beat me to it.  Big grin  This will be my spring 100 miler.  I have already done Umstead.  It is nice, but I would like to try something new.  Plus I'm very confident there will be beer at the end.  Of course the mountains and tough 100's are great, but after Umstead I really began to appreciate not seeing two sunrises during one race.  I am excited about this one.

Rocky Raccoon is nice.  No complaints.  It was my first 100 and ended up a slow death march.  I will go back one day to prove myself on the course.  But until then, Rick is stuck with me.

My big exciting comeback will be at Bandera.  I love that race.  Camping at the start and finish.  Rocks and sotol.  Good times.  Today I told Trent that I think it is a good prep race for a spring 100.  (Lynn, I expect you there this year...)  100k is a great distance, but they also have a 50k.  It would be nice to see other RA'ers there.  I am going to Austin for a day or two after the race.  Cool town. 

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xor

They also do a 100/50 on the Bandera trails at the end of October called Cactus Rose.  Water/ice only aid stations, BYOF.  I'm considering running the 50 just to see if the full 100k at Bandera is something that I'd be able to endure without crying (much),

Kalsarikännit

Bandera has a stretch in the middle of it that is very runnable.  They don't use this section at Cactus Rose. 

Bandera is cool because there seems to be a ton of different sections that each have a different look and personality.  It never gets monotonous.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart