Ultra Runners

To my Dissenters (Read 538 times)

I thought I would add this here too as I have a feeling you will have experienced something like this when dealing with "non-runners"

The group of lard arses who say "oohh you will be a cripple by 50" or "You're a nutter" or "I don't believe it is good for you"

So the other day I reacted and wrote this on a technical forum and liked it so much I posted it on my blog....enjoy

To my Dissenters

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

Carl A

Nice images--I could totally see you out crunching on apples in the autumn and drinking hot tea in the winter.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

The King of Beasts

that is some good stuff.

life, enjoy.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Fantastic, Jerry.  I posted this awhile back when I got sick of hearing people's negative comments.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I'm noboby, who are you?

Some people are just ignorant, others believe in the myths that ovaries will fall out or destroy your knees, while others  are some form of envy. They are mostly males, women even if out of shape seem more respectful.  I try to nice and assume they just don't know any better and try to explain

When I  get the idea they are not listening or busting my chops I simply ask them when was the last time they didn't need to stand in front of a mirror to see their penis? The male ego has a tender spot.  I will also offer that all my meds are over the counter vitamins how about you?

When I  get the idea they are not listening or busting my chops I simply ask them when was the last time they didn't need to stand in front of a mirror to see their penis? ...

I too have found that the more miles I run the longer my penis becomes.

Jerry
              A runners blog-updated daily

I'm noboby, who are you?

You're a better man than moi! Almost 25 years at this I can't get past a yard.

Silliness aside my neighbor is an avid golfer and would bust my chops about the futility of running, bad knees,the lycra tights gay look, yada, yada. He also has ride on mower, leaf blower, snow blower and never walks on the golf course. Once day his meds were delivered to my house by mistake and thinking the package was something else, I opened it. I'm surprised that he was still alive. I delivered them to his house explaining I thought it was my vitamins and asked him to once again tell me how bad running is. I could hear his jaw slam shut!

Happy

Be good to your neighbor - shame on you Doug!!!

__

You guys have given me a good laugh and yes, running does tend to keep some lifestyle diseases at bay. I am so happy not to have to use a machine or a crutch for everything, not to mention the medication and the portable oxygen tanks I see people my age sporting. Not sexy at all! 

5K, 4/28/07 24:16 PR 10K, 5/5/07 49:23 PR 1/2 M, 12/08/07 1:49:34 PR Marathon, 12/09/06 3:57:37 BQ 50K, 10/04/2009 7:27:00 PB 40M, 4/17/2010 11:20:00 PB

I'm noboby, who are you?

Be good to your neighbor - shame on you Doug!!!

__

You guys have given me a good laugh and yes, running does tend to keep some lifestyle diseases at bay. I am so happy not to have to use a machine or a crutch for everything, not to mention the medication and the portable oxygen tanks I see people my age sporting. Not sexy at all! 

I bow in deep humility. Bad boy! 

At 5'3" and 110, you are probably in fine shape.  As one in my 60's,  I can relate to to those with 02 because they never took care of themselves. When you have breathing issues and maybe some Type II diabetes, a pinch of gout  it's too late to drain the swamp. 

Purdey

Self anointed title

I have been looking to rationalise my high mileage with Mrs Purdey.  Jerry has given me the answer.

I'm noboby, who are you?

I have been looking to rationalise my high mileage with Mrs Purdey.  Jerry has given me the answer.

I would check in with the wife from time to time to discuss the growth factor. I sure it will bring her to her knees in laughter. She might look to U tube for the Seinfeld shrinkage episode.