Ultra Runners

December RWOL Ultra Running Forum (Read 55 times)

T Hound

Slower but happier

Fnkyd:  here is that link for the weekly miles chart http://rwol-weekly.appspot.com/weekly/

speaking of doping...Just saw the Gaitlin doping news release, a sad state of affairs,,because that was Bolt's "last

hurrah" with the 100m

RWD:  glad t hear you are back in the mix.  I have run a couple times last week.  I continue to lack all real motivation.  I am not planning on thinking about regular running until the new year.   Usually that will light a fire under me to get going again.  I did get back to the single track trails this weekend and that was more fun then plugging away on the treadmill.

I am actually considering getting a treadmill.  Its just most exercise equipment I have bought in the past turn out to be expensive clothes racks.  The new incline and decline treadmills (-6 up to 30%) offer one of the few ways I get significant climbs in.

I finished reading a book about a woman who ran the Ice Age Trail across Wisconsin.  I am thinking I would like to get up there and run some of the segments "self supported".  I have really only seen Northern and Southern Kettle Moraine with races there, and there is a lot more to it.

Drock69:  nice consistency.  looks like you have some snow to deal with.

2020 goal:  couch to 5K, currently working on the couch block

RWD

RWD:  glad t hear you are back in the mix.  I have run a couple times last week.  I continue to lack all real motivation.  I am not planning on thinking about regular running until the new year.   Usually that will light a fire under me to get going again.  I did get back to the single track trails this weekend and that was more fun then plugging away on the treadmill.

I am actually considering getting a treadmill.  Its just most exercise equipment I have bought in the past turn out to be expensive clothes racks.  The new incline and decline treadmills (-6 up to 30%) offer one of the few ways I get significant climbs in.

My treadmill has gone months and even years without use/with sporadic use, but the thing is, you can always get on it. It doesn't matter if you haven't been on it in a year - you can just get on, and it hasn't cost you anything extra, like a gym membership would have. I just looked at the extended forecast for Duluth and it was so depressing. Christmas Day the high is -7F.

RunningDenver

Treadmills....  I happened to check Strava today.  Last time I used my mill was January 11th.  I was thinking of trying to stretch that to be a full year - but our mild fall / winter is about to vanish.  We're 68F currently in Denver.  Tomorrow's high will be mid 20s and snow, and even colder by the weekend.  So I may wimp out.

I got a new one this year.  Initially was going to go for one of those with the big incline ./ decline models (nordic track or proform - who are made by the same people) - but then read a lot of negative reviews about issues / service.  So definitely do research and go to some stores.  I ended up getting a life fitness one, with a longer warranty.  Although again - not sure of the logic of getting a more expensive machine that I'm hoping to avoid using...

One of the selling points to me of the lifefitness was the ability to connect to the virtual reality apps (runsocial, and hopefully soon zwift) - which will then automatically control the incline.  Anything to make the thing less dull.  The nordic ones that come with those fancy screens also require a hefty monthly fee ($40 I seem to remember for the biggest screen).

______________________________________________________________________________

17:50 ('11) 37:23 ('16) 1.23:02 ('13) 2:53:22 ('13) 

2019: Leadville 50, Leadville 100, CIM

T Hound

Slower but happier

I just found out I’ve got other obligations Jun 2 weekend and Jun9, so no Kettle 100k for me.  I’m looking around for some June ultra.  Preferably days drive from Chicago.  Maybe Mohican 100k.  It’s getting later in June into July for others nearby,  which can be hot/humid.  I may look back at May again.  There is a veterans memorial 150 mile across Michigan Memorial Day weekend.   There is no way I will be in 150 mile shape whatever that means by then.  So I’m thinking it would be fun to do!

Denver I will look a Lifefitness.  They have those at my gym and are great but of course they are commercial.  I would like to get some elevation. But 15-20% would be fine.  Even though the decline is only 3% it is oddly satisfying to change it up.

2020 goal:  couch to 5K, currently working on the couch block

berylrunner

Rick

hey all, I hope everyone has an enjoyable holiday time.

Last two weeks for me have been low mileage.  Barely enough to keep the run streak going.  Hoping to up the miles soon.

Nice weeks Drock and FNKYHD.

Glad you are back in it RWD

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59

drock69

36 miles for the week in 4 runs, had some slushy snow that froze solid, so took a spill in that and hurt my shoulder. Took a couple days and it feels mostly good now. Was a bit icy today running on the trails, no falls though, helps that you can see unlike early morning runs where even with a flashlight, it's hard to see the ice sometimes. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everyone!

Weekly Summary
              Monday, Dec 18, 2017 thru Sunday, Dec 24, 2017

<tfoot> </tfoot>
              Day Miles Pace Description Egain Link
              Mon 1.2 15:49 Lunch Walk 52 strava
              Tue 6.9 10:19 11km — Mountainview — recovery run 554 strava
              Tue 1.2 17:26 Slushy wonderland 56 strava
              Wed 5.9 11:14 9.5km — QE Park — Icy AF, mostly easy, only fell once... 390 strava
              Wed 1.3 15:22 Lunch Walk 51 strava
              Thu 1.2 15:34 Lunch Walk 56 strava
              Sat 10.2 10:00 16.4km — 2x QE Park — Easy Run 839 strava
              Sun 13.7 10:36 22km — Pacific Spirit Park — Easy Trails 1082 strava
                41.6 11:09   3080  

Club Fat Ass New Years Day 50k - Jan 1 - 6h13m

First Half HM (road) - Feb. 9

Chuckanut 50k - Mar. 21

Sun Run 10k - Apr. 19

BMO Vancouver Marathon - May 3

Vancouver 100k (Club Fat Ass) - 32h07m 2 runs, pacing 100 miler friends

Whistler Alpine Meadows 100 miler - September 25