Ultra Runners

2012 RAers Race Calendar (Read 2137 times)

Purdey

Self anointed title

Good Lord.  I think I have my 2013 planned out.

Show and tell.

Kalsarikännit

Show and tell.

I'm thinking Bandera 100k in January, Krispy Kreme Challenge (always wanted to do this) in February, Hasher's New Jersey Ultra Fest 100k in March, something long-long overseas in May (I have the three races I want to do plotted out, it just depends on how I do this year and lotteries), and in September either I may do North Coast or really train for and race a marathon in Bismark North Dakota and then try to break the FKT on the Maah Daah Hey Trail between the two segments of  Roosevelt National Park. 

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Imminent Catastrophe

Just added: 

Mohican Marathon Jun 16

Elkhorn 50k Aug 4

St George Marathon Oct 6

Ridge to Bridge Marathon Oct 27

JFK 50 Nov 17

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

jjameson

More Please:

Superior 50 September 9

JFK 50 November 17

On On

I'm thinking Hasher Rick's New Jersey Ultra Fest 100k in March, 

I think everyone should come and we can have a huge RA Party.  The venue is set up for tenting, fast times, good food, great friends and plenty of cold beer.  Plus there are distance options of Marathon, 50K, 50M, 100K and 100M.  A little something for everyone.

sorry just had to plug the race a little.  I hope to get a great crowd next year.  Then have you all come back for 3 Days at the Fair 2 months later.

xor

Which is the race that Crazy Lauri dissed?

Because THATs the one I want to come do.

(actually, I'd love to come to the March one and hang... but March will be a hard travel month for me)

On On

The only one she has ever come to is Running with the Devil.  www.njtrailseries.com/devil

Though as you know she will bitch about anything and has bad mouthed many of my races.

It would be great to see you.  There is still time to come out for this year.  It is July 21.

Imminent Catastrophe

Which is the race that Crazy Lauri dissed?

Because THATs the one I want to come do.

Yeah, me too. That's an endorsement as far as I'm concerned. 

BTW NJUF was a great event, with great schwag (I love the gym bag). How does the new course compare?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

On On

Yeah, me too. That's an endorsement as far as I'm concerned. 

BTW NJUF was a great event, with great schwag (I love the gym bag). How does the new course compare?

The new course is just as flat but it is not a groomed trail like the first year.  You do use some of the paved roads in the Fairgrounds as well as some of the grass parking lots so that is different from the first year.

The venue is fantastic.  You run through a building where the timing is located, there is a full kitchen so you get hot and cold food during the entire race, a huge bathroom that has enough stalls so there is never a wait and they are cleaned through out the event, hot showers, you can park and tent right on the race course, hang out and party before and after the race.

It will be a fun time in 2013.  Who's coming to hang out with Hasher Rick and Wrigley Girl?

cpev

>>>>>> David

Probablies:

10/7 Chicago Marathon

12/15 Desert Solstice 24hr

I've got to decide whether I think I can run well at both. I'd rather not waste an entry fee and travel money for either one.

Kalsarikännit

Superior 50 September 9

I guess the benefit of making me look up the distance and location is that I can tell you that you are going to show up on the wrong day.

DoppleBock

Hey WG where's you race report?

I guess the benefit of making me look up the distance and location is that I can tell you that you are going to show up on the wrong day.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Kalsarikännit

Hey WG where's you race report?

I've been writing it.  It is going to be the longest thing ever posted on RA.  I recommend not reading it.  

I'm not willing to commit to the 50k until I'm about 25 miles into it, it's Aug 4th, a relay that I'm doing solo - Full Moon 50K in Missouri.  I'm rallying people to do a leg each on the relay so I'll have familiar faces to run with.

Assuming this doesn't kill me, Ocboer 13 Heartland 50mi in Kansas. 

jjameson

Where are the reports from June 23?  srlopez, runnerclay, teaolive, daddyo?