Are we there, yet?

Anyone on the forums running this year?

Live tracking

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Worked the river crossing.  So much fun!  The runners were incredibly inspiring.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

bhearn

What a crazy race. For those who weren't following, Jim Walmsley was about 17 minutes ahead of course record at mile 90... 17 MINUTES... and went off course. At the time they said he lost about 40 minutes. But his lead over 2nd was over an hour, and he wound up finishing 20th(!!!). It totally broke him.

Seems he outran his pacer. I have missed that very turn myself, as you are going along Quarry Rd. between Brown's Bar and Hwy 49, and you have to leave the road and head up a steep trail to the left. Fortunately I've only missed it on a training run. But that was after having run that stretch five times previously. Walmsley didn't do the training runs, had never run there, and with no pacer, was not paying enough attention.

This is AFTER he almost got swept down the river at the Rucky Chucky crossing. You're supposed to cross holding onto the rope. He tried to swim, got swept away. They sent the rescue boat downstream of him, but couldn't bring him aboard without a DQ. Eventually he made it across. Fatozzig, were you there for that?

We rushed dinner to get to the finish in time to see a course record. No such luck! But instead we saw 20-year-old Andrew Miller win, the youngest winner ever.

bhearn

Anyone on the forums running this year?

Live tracking

johnmaas (22:55) and perfesserr (28:10) ran. Both finished. Originally I was going to pace perfesserr, but my blood clot earlier this year threw that into doubt, so he lined up someone else.

Imminent Catastrophe

That place where he went off, by the time I got there, had like 100 ribbons marking the turn, we were laughing about it. Good seeing you at the finish, Bob, I was totally toasted.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

DoppleBock

Hope to be there either pacing my sister or friend ... both will have a lot of tickets for 2017.  I think they each have 32 tickets for 2017.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Kalsarikännit

johnmaas (22:55) and perfesserr (28:10) ran. Both finished. Originally I was going to pace perfesserr, but my blood clot earlier this year threw that into doubt, so he lined up someone else.

I'm so out of the loop right now, and can't believe I missed this.

Huge congrats!!!

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart