Ultra Runners

New FKT on the John Muir... (Read 51 times)

Uh oh... now what?

Leave it to Runner's World to know this happened:

http://www.runnersworld.com/trail-racing/ultrarunners-claim-speed-record-on-john-muir-trail

Hal Koerner and Mike Wolfe runnin' hard:  223 miles in 3 day, 12 hours, 41 minutes.

rgot

John M. [ would like to have four weeks to do the same course... sigh ]

My friend Heather (trail name Anish) is about to break the overall FKT (not just the women's) for the Pacific Crest Trail!  She'll be finishing sometime tonight, 61 days in.  (The record is 65 days).

Uh oh... now what?

Is she the Heather that moved to Washington from somewhere back east--has done the AT and Continental Divide Trail?  Has written an article or two for UltraRunning?

I know she's written a couple of articles for UR, but hadn't realized she's done the AT and CDT.  I'm sure she's one and the same!

Uh oh... now what?

Just enough "I don't knows" here to make it not right, not wrong... Kathy just said she thought her last name is Anderson.  She was at French Cabin aid as a volunteer, 2011.  She and Amy Sproston, wonderfully humble and modest, had to pull their accomplishments out of them--standard superwomen of the Pacific Northwest, some can cook too.

Will you know when she gets done?  Post it please.

I'm assuming she's done now, but haven't seen the confirmation.  However, I saw that you found her on Facebook!  What an incredible journey.

Uh oh... now what?

Yes--my fumbling Facebook presence... just read everything I could find.  She must be done, but no confirmation message.  That's easy to understand given that she crossed during the night (ref to her Spot).  She's probably asleep, just a little nap. That is just incredible.  Our little walk rises in insignificance, but there is this thing when you get to the end and all the emotions that have been held inside can finally be turned loose.  We sat there on the bluff above the Atlantic Ocean for a long time, mostly repeating, "What have we done?"

One of the greatest gifts running has given me is all the people I have met over the years and the sharing that has been done.

Congratulations to Anish -- just the story of how they get their trail names would probably be worth hearing (reading).

rgot

You'll ruin your knees!

One of the greatest gifts running has given me is all the people I have met over the years and the sharing that has been done.

[waiving to internet buddy] hi John M.! [waving to internet buddy]

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Uh oh... now what?

[waving to internet buddy] hi John M.! [waving to internet buddy]

Hey Tall Tejas Stranger,  greeting from the sweltering 60º island.

rgot

This.

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn