Ultra Runners

DamNation Awaits! (Read 66 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

I see at least one RAer on the list for Rocky Raccoon.  It is the USTAF 100 Mile Trail Championship race for 2014 and the best seats in the house are in DamNation (aid station where runners pass 2x each 20 mile loop).  Who's in?

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

bhearn

WrigleyGirl is in, not sure if that's who you meant. I'd love to go back this year, but the hamstring is not quite there yet.

Gringo runner

Haven´t hit this forum in a long, long time.  I´m in and shooting for a sub 24.  A little nervous b/c I´ve never really executed a good 100 miler (or 24hr or 50 miler for that matter).  Best wishes to all other RAers running RR100!  

Enjoy life... this is not a rehearsal.

You'll ruin your knees!

Yes Bob, I was talking about Wrigs.  You should totally come down and hang out at DamNation!  Looks like another imaginary friend (Jen) will no longer be imaginary!  She better look me up when she comes through or I'll spike her Gatorade... Wink

Gringo Runner, I am jlynnbob, King of DamNation.  Please ask for me when you come through the aid station!

Haven´t hit this forum in a long, long time.  I´m in and shooting for a sub 24.  A little nervous b/c I´ve never really executed a good 100 miler (or 24hr or 50 miler for that matter).  Best wishes to all other RAers running RR100!  

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Gringo runner

Gringo Runner, I am jlynnbob, King of DamNation.  Please ask for me when you come through the aid station!

King of DamNation,

OK!!  Seems like everyone will be running through there quite a bit.  Looking forward to my first RR and meeting thy acquaintance!

Enjoy life... this is not a rehearsal.

Sandy-2

While you are lounging at DamNation you can also ask for Sandy and say "hi".  I'll be there pretty much the whole time helping out.  I think this will be my 4th year at DamNation? (I don't know, I'll have to ask the King to check the records...)

Good luck WrigleyGirl and gringo runner.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Alas, I will not be coming to DamNation this year as I'll be running in Arizona the weekend before.  Good luck racers; the folks at DamNation will take great care of you!

You'll ruin your knees!

At least 4...  It seems unreal that I have been doing this since 2007... ran it in 2006, my first.  I developed a relationship with Joe P and his lovely bride and have not looked back.  DamNation is good for the soul!

I think this will be my 4th year at DamNation? (I don't know, I'll have to ask the King to check the records...) 

bhearn

You should totally come down and hang out at DamNation! 

Would love to, but I can't really justify the trip from the west coast if I'm not running it. Plus I have a big work deadline around then.

Y'all have fun. DamNation is pretty burned into my brain from last year.

Kalsarikännit

I'm throwing down Rocky just to get my WSER qualifier in. Months ago I thought I would go for a really good time and try to redeem my RR experience (it was my first 100, and was slow and ugly with a lot of time in the chair), but right now I'm just not in good shape. I've been working crazy double shifts of 16 hours on my feet with no breaks, sleep a few hours, and go back to work. My running has been limited and I'm always beat up from the time on my feet. I will enjoy the trails and get a faster time than my first one, but that's it. I want to be able to start some good training right after the race with limited recovery time.

It will be good to see everyone and have some warmer weather!

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

You'll ruin your knees!