Ultra Runners

September 2018 Ultra training thread (Read 33 times)

Photo from Saturday, I told the photographer I wasn't going to run for the photo. He laughed and said most people didn't. It's a steeper hill than it looks in the photo. You get an idea of the conditions, could have been a lot worse, warmed up and the snow was melting.

https://brianmccurdyphotography.smugmug.com/WAM-2018/i-wjW6f3C/A

I dunno, I see a little bit of a smile there!  Great photo but geez that looks tough.

Bhearn kicked ass at Spartathon, to no one’s surprise. 

MTA: I THINK nOOky is done at The Bear (but I’m not so good at using online trackers). Wooo! (I hope).

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

a smith

king of the non-sequitur

27.1M 1500' vert on the week. still need a recovery week, but today i felt really good doing some little 1-ish mile progs trying to feel what it's like to regain some semblance of form and then dial it back trying to hold that form. i feel meditative but maybe a bit too zoned out at speed. a guy was yelling "good morning" to me and i didnt even notice him except when i was already past him. lol.

Bridle Trails 50k 1-13-24 5:39

Cottontail 6 Hour 4-13-24

Cougar Long Series (May,June,July,Aug 2024)

Carkeek 6 Hour 10-19-24 

T Hound

Slower but happier

Fnkyhd. Good to hear you’re back at it intact.

42 miles. Great cool weather.  Ran impromptu XC race.  Will post RR shortly. 2 weeks to hundred.

2020 goal:  couch to 5K, currently working on the couch block

drock69

Full week off after WAM 55k, did 2 bike rides on Zwift, 2h35m. 160km/99mi for the month with 17,780' of climbing. I've reached the same amount of climbing this year, as I had at the end of last year. Ready to start running again this week, probably just easy runs

Club Fat Ass New Years Day 50k - Jan 1 - 6h13m

First Half HM (road) - Feb. 9

Chuckanut 50k - Mar. 21

Sun Run 10k - Apr. 19

BMO Vancouver Marathon - May 3

Vancouver 100k (Club Fat Ass) - 32h07m 2 runs, pacing 100 miler friends

Whistler Alpine Meadows 100 miler - September 25

strambo

I only ran 5mi the week I was volunteering at the ML100, had a lot going on at work and it was a well-timed back off week anyway.

38 this week with a 20mi trail run today that felt pretty good.  I'm going for my first 30+ this weekend.  No race, just running the length of the Wildwood trail on my own. Should be about 30.2 mi.  Nutrition will be seat of the pants, so far I've never run with any.  Did my run today still in a fasted state, started at 12:40pm.  Felt out of gas at the end, but didn't bonk.  Think I'll just do some Coke and a trail butter on the 30.

If it is a disaster..well, that's why it's training!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

nOOky

I dunno, I see a little bit of a smile there!  Great photo but geez that looks tough.

Bhearn kicked ass at Spartathon, to no one’s surprise. 

MTA: I THINK nOOky is done at The Bear (but I’m not so good at using online trackers). Wooo! (I hope).

Yes, I am done. Probably write up a report tomorrow as I took the day off. In the morning I have to go to the walk in clinic because a piece of stick broke off in my shin right on my shin bone, and there's a piece stuck in there and it's swollen and there is fluid under there yet.

Other than that, it was a tough race, the lack of acclimation eventually got me towards the end.

Istria 110k 4-6-2024

WS100 6-29-2024

UTMB 171k 8-30-2024

MCM 10-27-2024