Ultra Runners

Western States 100-Mile Endurance Run Crewing Report (Read 237 times)

Fair Warning!  This report is long.  Very long.  After careful review and many revisions, I just could not bring myself to shorten it.  Too much went on that weekend.  Too many experiences were had.  To leave any detail out would've been denying what a truly wondrous and remarkable experience it all was.

So sit back with a cup of coffee, a bottle of beer, a glass of wine - whatever floats your boat - and (hopefully) enjoy.

Western States 100 Crewing Report

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

You'll ruin your knees!

Great job of capturing the experience, Leslie!  I particularly liked... Four-letter words were flying like the mosquitoes.

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

The King of Beasts

Good read, thanks for writing it.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Into the wild

Thanks for that Leslie, a great read and insight into an unseen aspect of ultra running.

Shut up and run

You'll ruin your knees!

Thanks for that Leslie, a great read and insight into an unseen aspect of ultra running.

Johnny!!!!  Hey man!  Still in fell country?

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Into the wild

Hi Lynn...no, but yes! I am now 40 minutes from Wales' best running material but sadly not been out as much as I could/should/want/dream but, as ever, I look to a future with running in it - I have just ordered a new pair of INOV8 305s so all is not lost eh Smile

How is your health these days old man...?

John

Shut up and run

You'll ruin your knees!

My health?  I have a terminal disease... it's called life Tongue.

That, and sadly not been out as much as I could/should/want/dream but, as ever, I look to a future with running in it