Ultra Runners

2012 RAers Race Calendar (Read 2137 times)

xor

And I'm guessing you go down three times as well.  SRL, you really don't like your quads do you?  There may be easier ways to teach them a lesson.  Just sayin'.

Eh, Lord Hill has 5100 feet of gain over 50k.  In these parts, that's pretty mediocre.  The race I was supposed to run last weekend (but didn't; my body isn't cooperating) has 9000 in 50k.

However, the "pipeline trail" (aka Lord Hill itself) is pretty cool.  Just not very long.

FWIW, the races I've done at that park only go up the hill and come down a different, less-steep way.  Not sure about this version because I have not run it before.  The July race *will* be the same course in the picture, which was the February version of the race by the same org.  (I ran the Cowtown 50k that weekend instead)

Imminent Catastrophe

Add: St George Marathon Oct 6 JFK 50 Nov 17

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Well now.  DB just convinced me to sign up and I am no longer part of the wishy washy club (for this race anyway).  I swear it was the fact that they have nice showers for me to use after the race. Big grin.  Actually, DW will most likely be doing DWD 50K as her first ultra.  Is it bad that I haven't warned her about the course yet?

I don't think it's bad if you haven't warned her.  It may be better if she doesn't know...  I am tempted by this race since I am already scheduled to be in WI that weekend for 70.3 Racine as a spectator on the 15th

DoppleBock

Flatfooter - This helps me decide to do 50k instead of 50M

The only part of the course that is mean - Are all the thornbush thickets,  I do not know your wife - But between the heat and sadism, I am not sure it will go well for you after the race.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Flatfooter - This helps me decide to do 50k instead of 50M

The only part of the course that is mean - Are all the thornbush thickets,  I do not know your wife - But between the heat and sadism, I am not sure it will go well for you after the race.

Ahh, thanks for the warning!  Are the 1/2 marathon or marathon any more tame?  She is tough but also does not like to see her own blood and I can see her getting pretty pissed off if her legs look like raw meat when she is done.

xor

They are tamer because they are shorter.  The Dances with Dirt people are like the "Survivor Water Buffalo Xtreme Mud Run" folks of the longer distance world.  So, the half is shorter. But in that 13.1 (probably longer), expect some Shit.

If there are thornbushes, I'm going to complain to the RD and ask for my money back Evil

xor

This is on my plate this weekend:

5/19  srlopez  Watershed Preserve 12 hr  Redmond, WA

I run this race every year.  It is a 5.4 mile not-technical trail loop (with a little .72 mile technical-as-hell loop used in the last couple hours). Partial loops don't count.  But although I run it every year, something always happens***... I have not managed the full 12 hours since 2007. That was a year it was 90 degrees, which it almost never is in May in Western Washington.  Anyway, I want to stay mobile the whole 12 hours this year.

I was looking at the entrants.  Usually it is a bunch of local ultrarunners.  Usually,  a couple "locally fast" people will show up. But this year, there's a 200mile/150mile/100mile race next week and that took many of the usual suspects.

Looking at the entrants and lo and behold:

M Gingerich Zach

Uh.  I guess I won't win.  Ha. (joke: there are still a few locally semi-fast folks anyway. And I'm not one)

2007 - full 12 hours

2008 - I had to go check on my dog. I ran 5 hours, left for 3 hours, ran 3 hours.

2009 - intentionally ran 32 miles.

2010 - intentionally ran 32 miles.  Then later I ran part of a loop for fun w/ smalcolm who was hitting 50 for the first time. Yeah, she never looked back from this race.  Holy smokes.

2011 - attempted 12 hours, but it was six days after one of the hardest pacing adventures I've had (Keys 100, oh man). Blew up at 35 miles and 7 hours.

Kalsarikännit

He's not 100%.  It involves waking at 2 am to do the drive.  No fun.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Fond memories of my first 50 there with srlopez!!! Go Robert!!

Zach appears to be running. Hour 9.5 results....

~Sara
                      It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Kalsarikännit

Zach told me his goal was 70.  I hope he makes it.  Big grin

Yay, SRL!  I'm cheering for him go strong all 12.

Thanks for the update, Sara.  

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xor

Robert went 11:04 (55.2) and said that was enough.  I had originally wanted 60-62, but I was totally gassed and couldn't do any more.

Also, the little loop which I described as technical-as-hell has been made nicer (lots of soft bark) sometime in the past year.  It was still tougher than the big loop, and I had a bad fall, but nothing like it used to be.

Sara, I never saw you!

Update: Zach set a course record and won the whole thing with 82.8 miles.

Probably because I was not there! Smile Glenn posted those on fb. Where are the final results? I ran Sun Mtn 50 today.

~Sara
                            It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

xor

Probably because I was not there! Smile Glenn posted those on fb. Where are the final results? I ran Sun Mtn 50 today.

How was Sun Mountain?  I considered doubling, but I'm glad I did not. 

Chris emailed the prelim results as an excel spreadsheet.  I could get all creative and upload it somewhere.  But I won't.

I could also email it to you.

5/25  gumbee  Pigtails Challenge 150 mi  Renton, WA

Here is to wishing for some cooler weather this weekend.  150...  Wow.  Good luck Gumbee!!