Ultra Runners

Desert Solstice 24 hour (Read 383 times)

Uh oh... now what?

What about the indoor 1000 miler? I feel like my dreams and goals have just been ripped away.

There was a winter at the University of Arkansas when the ice drove me indoors.  I did three hours on an eleven laps to the mile flat track with tight turns.  As I ran I thought of some of the multiday events held indoors--another something I will never do.  I would come and count laps for you... usual air fare and per diem arrangement I have always received.

DoppleBock

I still want to get Petit Ice Center in Milwaukee (Indoor 443 meter track) to hold a 24 hour race.  Weather is always 54F, no wind and it stays light all 24 hours. 

There was a winter at the University of Arkansas when the ice drove me indoors.  I did three hours on an eleven laps to the mile flat track with tight turns.  As I ran I thought of some of the multiday events held indoors--another something I will never do.  I would come and count laps for you... usual air fare and per diem arrangement I have always received.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

After some of the longer races this year, I wouldn't mind trying this out.  I did the Hawthorne 1/2 day thing in 2011 which is 3 trail mile loop.  Actually did ok.

If I wanted to try to do across the years or Desert Solstice (invite only I believe?), do you need a qualifying type of race and must those be the uber well known ones mentioned frequently here?  Perhaps they are mentioned a lot due to being well managed...

thx

• Black Canyon 100k
        • RRR
        • Zane Grey 100k
        • High Lonesome 100
        • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
        • The Bear 100
        • Javelina Jundred (?)
        xor

You do not need any kind of qualifying thingy for AtY nor practically any other fixed duration event that I can think of, except DS.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I still want to get Petit Ice Center in Milwaukee (Indoor 443 meter track) to hold...

That's a pretty funny distance. I suppose it is what would fit around the rink.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.