Ultra Runners

Practicing to Eat (Read 674 times)

Somewhat related:

I'm making up my first batch of homemade gel tonight.  Does anyone have a favorite method of flavoring theirs they'd like to share?  Was thinking of using juice as the liquid portion, to give it some flavor.  Maybe a little apple juice and throw in some cinnamon...to try to mimic the HammerGell Apple/Cinnamon...which tastes just like grandmas when you're puking it up at 3am.

.Now THIS is part of the thread I have to watch. Next week how to make your own running shoes from old frisbees Big grin

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

DoppleBock

Chris - All I could think about was homemade beer when you posted that ... beer - beer - beer !

I would like to keep myself to 1 beer for every 10 miles running ... Did not make it in Janaury 566 miles / 71 beers = .1254 - I guess that means I can have a 12 pack after Leadville - All I ask from you is 3 ice cold beers at Leadville if I finish under 24 hours.  1st for my wife (crew) - 2nd for my pacer and lastly for me.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Chris - All I could think about was homemade beer when you posted that ... beer - beer - beer !

I would like to keep myself to 1 beer for every 10 miles running ... Did not make it in Janaury 566 miles / 71 beers = .1254 - I guess that means I can have a 12 pack after Leadville - All I ask from you is 3 ice cold beers at Leadville if I finish under 24 hours.  1st for my wife (crew) - 2nd for my pacer and lastly for me.

It's a deal.  There will be a lot of cold beer waiting for you...