Ultra Runners

Leadville 100 Pacer? (Read 362 times)

I was all setup with a pacer, crew, and wife for Leadville....for one reason or another I am down to one crew member and no pacer. (My wife didn't leave me). I know LT100 is only 10 days away, but I think it would be wise for me to have a pacer since this is the first time I will be running it.

I have been okay with planning to run it solo, but if there are any local folks who might be interested in pacing for some of the later miles, or particularly harder miles (Hope Pass, etc...), I think it would help keep me on pace and not wandering off the mountainside.... Pacing can start at mile 50 (Winfield Aid Station)...

Let me know if someone is interested or if you know a local Leadville forum where I can ask...

Thanks!

DoppleBock

I know we have been no help ~ From WI it is just not doable

Have you found someone?

I DNF'd Leadville last year (70) - I did not respect the course enough and did not get into shape enough (228#)

I hope somethig works out.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

I was all setup with a pacer, crew, and wife for Leadville....for one reason or another I am down to one crew member and no pacer. (My wife didn't leave me). I know LT100 is only 10 days away, but I think it would be wise for me to have a pacer since this is the first time I will be running it.

I have been okay with planning to run it solo, but if there are any local folks who might be interested in pacing for some of the later miles, or particularly harder miles (Hope Pass, etc...), I think it would help keep me on pace and not wandering off the mountainside.... Pacing can start at mile 50 (Winfield Aid Station)...

Let me know if someone is interested or if you know a local Leadville forum where I can ask...

Thanks!

I would join the LT100 Yahoo group and ask there.  Seems a popular topic lately.  I do think you could pull it off without a pacer but would advise you lock on with someone else and follow them.  Be respectful - had a guy 2 years ago do this to us and he talked non stop with a french accent ... we finally said get lost.

• Black Canyon 100k
        • RRR
        • Zane Grey 100k
        • High Lonesome 100
        • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
        • The Bear 100
        • Javelina Jundred (?)
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The King of Beasts

Just asked A1...

like most times in my life, I am no help and good for nothing.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

DoppleBock

But those few magical moments, you can almost walk on water you are so damn good! 

like most times in my life, I am no help and good for nothing.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

"Of course I'm French! Why do you think I have this silly accent you silly King!"
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V7zbWNznbs

I'm going to find a pacer when I get there tomorrow....I talked to a couple folks who are there, said that there should be a table with folks just lining up to pace....will hope for a good one.

thanks all....