Ultra Runners

Options to Garmin 310xt (Read 39 times)

This frigging expensive item has once again decided it doesn't want to work.  I've done all the hard resets, etc., and have gotten to the point where it will reset, track everything, etc., .  . . . until you turn it off.  Then it doesn't want to come back on, have to do the resets all over again.

Anybody have recommendations for a good alternative to a Garmin, or an alternative to the 310xt?  My 305 was such a workhorse and I loved it. The 310xt - this is the second time in less than a year this has happened and it's not even 3 years old.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

My 310xt does the same thing about every 6 months or so. I have to erase all the data, do soft and hard resets and then somehow it comes back around. One thing I noticed after someone on the web told me, is to check for anything in the history with a date of 2007. Something inside it goes wonky sometimes and reverts your actual workouts to a 2007 date. Erasing them and doing a rest has worked in the past.

Oh wait. you asked for recommendations. Sorry. I'm no help at all. Smile

Keep Going

This frigging expensive item has once again decided it doesn't want to work.  I've done all the hard resets, etc., and have gotten to the point where it will reset, track everything, etc., .  . . . until you turn it off.  Then it doesn't want to come back on, have to do the resets all over again.

Anybody have recommendations for a good alternative to a Garmin, or an alternative to the 310xt?  My 305 was such a workhorse and I loved it. The 310xt - this is the second time in less than a year this has happened and it's not even 3 years old.

Still have my 310xt but it now has dust on it. I had issues with the stupid ANT stick and loading runs. Using ANT agent or Express. Loading and re-loading them on my laptop. I finally had enough a few months back and I went with the Sunnto Ambit3 Peak and will never go back to Garmin!

N E V E R  E V E R  E V E R

So yeah I'm very happy!

100 milers are my favorite

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Still have my 310xt but it now has dust on it. I had issues with the stupid ANT stick and loading runs. Using ANT agent or Express. Loading and re-loading them on my laptop. I finally had enough a few months back and I went with the Sunnto Ambit3 Peak and will never go back to Garmin!

N E V E R  E V E R  E V E R

So yeah I'm very happy!

Need to remember this for when mine gives up the ghost.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/