Ultra Runners

Thames Path 100 - Race Report (Read 176 times)

I have done my best to get as much down as I can possibly remember

Thames Path 100 - Race Report

BTW I did it in 27 hours

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

DoppleBock

Great effort - Nice read ... cold is a dangerous enemy 

Recover well  

I have done my best to get as much down as I can possibly remember

Thames Path 100 - Race Report

BTW I did it in 27 hours

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Carl A

Jerry,

Thanks for posting the great report, and congratulations on the distance PR. Your writing had many places that struck chords with me:

Hampton Court, Windsor Castle (signs to) Legoland and some extraordinary affluent houses, oh how the others live.

They got nothing on the life you're living.

It is now 3 O'Clock in the morning and I have been travelling on foot for 15 hours, the night time is glorious, one in a  lifetime, the stars are out in abundancy, Jupiter and Venus holding hands in the bright moonlight, Orion hunting his prey. My focus now 15 to 20 feet ahead, I am alone and the mind wonders this is the time of the hallucination and came with a vengeance:

A boa constrictor (a stick)
            Frogs (clump of grass)
            A chameleon (haven't a clue, maybe it was)

I even had auditory hallucination where I kept thinking there was a bird cheeping about 20 feet away and following me, it was in fact my waterproof rubbing against my backpack!

Gotta love the self-induced LSD!

I left and was immediately shivering but was going to get through this hook or by crook but 1 hour into my journey I was miserable, I was in horrific pain from the cold which was bone deep now and I was shivering uncontrollably. . . . I ate all I could manage....one Twix.

Nice job getting through this part; many others would've quit here.

.....and there it is, 100 miles, a Race Buckle, a medal and one of the most epic foot journeys of my life, worth every penny, ache and pain

Great ending!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Nice!!  Congrats Jerry!