Ultra Runners

A rare event (Read 335 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

8th finisher ever. ...and for some reason this race really appeals to me.

You'll ruin your knees!

...yep, been watching that one closely. Good stuff! Two years in a row with a successful attempt...bound to force some changes to address this problem... Rat Jaw was "easy" this year! Ha!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Purdey

Self anointed title

Barkley is one of the very few (maybe the only) ultra which does NOT tempt me. I want to run. I don't want to be scrambling over fallen trees etc. That said, I have the utmost respect for anyone who decides even to head out for a SECOND lap. Five is insane.

Wasatch Speedgoat

I finished the fun run in 2001 and it was "the" hardest thing I've ever done. ..and i have no desire to return Dead AT (the guy who just finished) is the one who I stayed with in 2001 for 2.5 loops. http://www.mattmahoney.net/barkley/01pero.txt Steve

Life is short, play hard!

You'll ruin your knees!

Well howdy Steve! I wasn't sure you hung out here anymore! You and Deb getting ready for the trip out to Silverton? Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Wasatch Speedgoat

Hi Lynn.... Yeah I poke my head in from time to time....really busy these days with work and working on the house. We're not going out this year (first time since 2000) because we're going to stay here and try to get the house on the market and sold in this economy, which will be difficult, with the goal of getting back to New Mexico and be close to Silverton and Texas! Big grin I try not to think about not going out, but know that if we are successful, we'll be out there forever! Hope all is well, Steve PS: Are you going out to Silverton? I am going to miss being there so much...

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You'll ruin your knees!

PS: Are you going out to Silverton? I am going to miss being there so much...
                Yes, I am planning on going back this year, it really gets in your blood, doesn't it? I am currently 41 on the waitlist, so will plan on being ready to go (or as ready as I can get). If I don't get in, I'll just plan on working somewhere at an aid station and/or pacing someone. Too bad you guys won't make it out this year...we will miss you. Trent, Silverton (Colorado) is where the start/finish line is for a litlle loop race called Hardrock.

Wasatch Speedgoat

Best of luck, Lynn... I hope you get in! I am going to miss HRH more than I know right now! I'll be back next year for sure, even if I don't get in! Steve

Silverton?
                    Silverton, CO. It's where the Hardrock 100 starts and finishes. Beautiful place!

You'll ruin your knees!

Ultrasteve crossing Mineral Creek just above Silverton last July...

Would you like a beer or a popsicle (or a margarita or quesadilla) to help you run the next 82 miles? We went through a half-case of beer and served at least 6-8 margs and about 100 quesadillas. Hardrock is so freakin' awesome... but I'm 100th on the waitlist, so not this year. Cry
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ahhh. Awesome! I have been there, but forgot about this context. I'll have the beer. Smile