Ultra Runners

cgerber (Read 284 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

Congrats on Leadville...wanna tell us about it? Finishers Report for: Leadville Trail 100 (Unofficial Times) Place BIB Name City/State Time Class Class Place 45 0344 Christopher Gerber Louisville, CO 026:22:20 M3 17 Sounded like a wild ride from other accounts I've seen. Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Hey Lynn, Thanks! It went really well, especially for a first 100. I had fun the entire time, even with the bad weather! I'm working on a race report... should be done tomorrow if work doesn't get in the way ;-) I'll post the link once it's up. - Chris
        Finally got around to writing up a race report from Leadville. It's pretty darn long and probably not very thrilling, so this is your fair warning Smile http://www.chrisgerber.com/outdoors/trip-reports/lt100-20080816.cgi - Chris

Ultrachick

Awesome report Chris! Great job and congratulations! Fabulous pictures too! Big grin Kelly
          If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
            Great report, Chris! Congratulations! And I love all the photos. Incredible weather you all had to deal with. Come out to Northern California sometime, run the Headlands Hundred, and you get pretty decent weather. Big grin

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Great report, Chris! Congratulations! And I love all the photos. Incredible weather you all had to deal with. Come out to Northern California sometime, run the Headlands Hundred, and you get pretty decent weather. Big grin
              Thanks, I'd love to get out that way one of these days... I've never been to coastal Northern California. It looks beautiful!

You'll ruin your knees!

Wow, Chris! What an experience, very nice job of executing the game plan. Love the pics of you and younggerber crossing the finish line! Thanks for the report... Funny, the "peed on shirt" didn't get a mention in the body of the report..Tongue. Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Chris - great job finishishing your first 100. Congratulations! I enjoyed your report, and am amazed how you (and other ultrarunners I've read) rememeber the details of your long runs. My mind seems to become a fog most of the time, and most I can remember is that I started....and finshed. Tongue There was a local ultrarunner, Paul Reese, who ran across all 50 states in his lifetime, and I remember reading in his books how he carried a mini voice recorder to keep his impressions on while he ran.
                  Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                  Carl A

Thanks for posting the inspirational report. Great running!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Funny, the "peed on shirt" didn't get a mention in the body of the report..Tongue.
                      LOL! Good point... I never elaborated on that did I? My runner had my extra shirt tied around her waist and stopped to pee... then said "Uh, I think I just peed on your shirt, but we're making such good time we're not going to stop and swap it out at the aid station, you'll be fine, it's raining anyway!" Trails2Run: I don't really know how I remember it. Some runs all of the stuff is clear as day in my head... but then again, on some runs there are hours I can't even account for. Wink The voice recorder is a good idea. Davy Crockett does that... I remember reading of him using one during his Grand Canyon epic runs to keep little notes on his times/splits/thoughts/observations. - Chris

who knows...

Congrats Chris! I too enjoyed the pictures and the story about your young one telling you that you both were headed toward the finish line.
                        "There is no I in εγω." --Unknown author, source of possible, but in no way certain, Greek origin