Ultra Runners

North Coast 24 September 22-23 (Read 598 times)

Through 5 hours, Buzzie's completed 34 laps (@ 0.90075/mi) = 30.62 miles

Its early, but she's on the lead on pace for 147.

Lead men through 42 laps and 182 pace

Field not as deep as in past years, but its nice and cool today with high forecast low 60s. Hope the rain holds off through the night.

Buzzie and Sue are through 73 laps at the 12 hour mark.  The women's race is tight with the top four all within 4 laps of each other right now.  The men's leader is only at 82 laps, with M2 at 80 laps -- it is quite possible that a woman could be first overall.  Go Buzzie and Sue!!! 

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Buzzie is having a rough day with a cold, lisfranc acting up, and issues w cold wet wind ... at a walk, but currently out of elements having foot worked on. Will try to salvage 100, maybe. Its freakin raining again and windy as fruck on the lake. Meanwhile, Sue rocks ..  w beautiful form and running speed ... good walker tooa!

Liz

pace sera, sera

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Im all but out with the hoof. changed into dry street clothes save the running pants. happened to have a pair of keen shoes in my car ... stiff enough to protect my foot. so, after cheering sue thru her 100 mile point, i went back out to walk my way to 80

miles. will see if i go back out...

meanwhile sue is still rocking the race and currently in a lap tie for first overall

mta itc's raining again w more on the way

Liz

pace sera, sera

Buzzie -- sorry to hear about your issues, but kudos for going out to put in a few more miles.  It is so hard to do that.

An hour to go and Sue is first overall with a 2 lap lead!!!!  Go Sue!

Sue's clocked 139+ laps! 

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Congratulations, Sue!! Smile

She was rock-steady all day and night, regardless of the weather and all other ultra aggravations. Disciplined with the walk / run. And when she ran, she ran fast! (Apparently we forgot to tell her about the ultra shuffle ... )

Liz

pace sera, sera

It was great meeting you, Liz. You looked strong after getting the second wind and I thought you were in the thick of it. Sorry about the foot issues. The RDs put on a great race this year. It was too bad about the weather. I actually think it helped me because I don't think I could've run more than 125. I was hoping for 120 and planned a slightly more aggressive pace to account for a fade. I didn't fade as much as I thought I would. Nice surprise. Connie Gardner helped clear part of the course of water after the storm, and also helped at the aid station. How awesome was what!? I tried running slower but faster feels more comfortable . That's why I take walk breaks from the start...it slows me down. Good redemption race for me. Last year I went out much too fast and faded badly. This year I was more disciplined and knew how to push past pain/discomfort.
                  DoppleBock

Does anyone know the top 3 men and top 3 women approx distance

Sue - Is this congrats on the win with @ 125? - If you great race with what sounds like some challenging weather.  I like rain, I do not like wind.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

No results up yet..Sue was the OVERALL winner. Big Congrats!

Congrats Sue!

It's weird they don't have the results posted.  They did a nice job with the on line tracking.  It was cool seeing both Sue and Liz on the front page.

I'd rather see them do a good job at the course than be timely posting the final relults afterwards. Sounds like they did a much better job at the course than in the Spring. I'll likely be back in the Spring.

DB: Men: Matt Shaheen 132 laps, Marty Fagan 125, Tatsunuri Suzuki 121 (his fastest lap was his last); Women: Sue Scholl 139, Beth McCurdy 136, Miho ? 128
                            Buzzie

Bacon Party!

I'd rather see them do a good job at the course than be timely posting the final relults afterwards. Sounds like they did a much better job at the course than in the Spring. I'll likely be back in the Spring.

Timing / counting appeared to work flawlessly - beeps at every mat crossing, with name, lap count, and distance displayed on a monitor just beyond the mat. The monitor also showed entries for the preceding 5 (?) people who crossed the mat.

Additionally, there was a video camera set up to record the action at the line.

A monitor in the pavilion showed overall ranking and related info for the entire field in real time.

I was impressed that they were able to keep all that stuff up and running with the wind, water and hail howling in off the lake - directed right at the timing and aid tents.

Liz

pace sera, sera

Awesome!  Congrats Sue!