Ultra Runners

Pretty Good Stuff on Karl Meltzer (Read 285 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

Check THIS out for 47 days of entertainment this summer...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Purdey

Self anointed title

Thanks for the linky. I'll be keeping tabs on him. I wonder how he'll get on at WS?

Carl A

Ya, thanks. The AT is an hour's drive south of where I live, so there's a slight chance I'll be able to cheer him through.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

You'll ruin your knees!

Starting today

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Ending today He hurt his anterior tibialas and is now popping Prednisone and taking some rest so that he can continue his run, although he has (wisely) given up on the record attempt for this year.

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

You'll ruin your knees!

Ending today He hurt his anterior tibialas and is now popping Prednisone and taking some rest so that he can continue his run, although he has (wisely) given up on the record attempt for this year.
              Likely, the record attempt is over. His blog states that he is seeking medical attention to rule out a stress fracture, but MAY still attempt. His crew is sending updates from the ER parking lot! Lynn B MTA: No stress fracture, but... TRENCH FOOT!!!! Adjustments in stride to compensate for the swelling/rotting flesh in his shoes has led to tendonitis! He's headed back to the trail so he'll be close to where he needs to be when he can resume running.

That photo is just nasty. I was having breakfast when I clicked over to whereskarl.com and saw that. Dead